Possible rabbit seizure?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loong

Reaction score
Help, my rabbit was behaving this way suddenly.

Video link:

Any help is appreciated on what is happening to him.

It could well be a seizure, I think the best thing would be to show this video to a rabbit savvy vet ASAP. How is he now?

He is behaving normally now after this episode and peeing out. I will bring him to a vet to have him checked nonetheless.

I had to bring my bunny into urgent care today for the same thing. But she did this floppy/seizure thing 3 times in the course of several hours last night. The vet is keeping her overnight and doing a test for
E. Cuniculi among other things. From what I read of E. Cuniculi it seems to be a common cause of seizures like this but it sounds like a bad prognosis overall. So hopefully will know more tomorrow

Brought my rabbit to the vet and was told that it was due to inflammation in his liver. Had him on medication and supplements for his liver and observing him.

My bunny has been treated with panacur for ec, also marbofloxacin for ear infection and 2 other abx. He had nystagmus, (no more nystigmus)but now falls over like this and sometimes it happens multiple times. I also read marbofloxacin can cause seizures. But it’s a mystery. I have been to two different vets….still everyone is baffled.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    12.3 MB
I had to bring my bunny into urgent care today for the same thing. But she did this floppy/seizure thing 3 times in the course of several hours last night. The vet is keeping her overnight and doing a test for
E. Cuniculi among other things. From what I read of E. Cuniculi it seems to be a common cause of seizures like this but it sounds like a bad prognosis overall. So hopefully will know more tomorrow
What did they determine was the cause of his seizures? Thanks

Back