Possible Fund Raising idea - Would anyone be interested?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score
Due to the crazy snow in the northeast, two of my grandfather's apple trees were destroyed. These were never sprayed with chemicals and always gave us great apples.

I have already started chopping the limbs to keep them for Rabbi, but i realized there are SO MANY pieces that a possible fundraising idea popped in my head.

Here's the idea: I would sell apple tree branches/limbs cut my me into rabbit sized pieces (a lot of them per bag) and then give 100% of the proceeds to a rabbit rescue nearby - I already have one in mind and she is actually a member of this forum.

Would definitely like any input/suggestions/any commentary.

Thanks!

Nancy McClelland wrote:
The idea sounds good. You'd still have to market and ship.
Oh yes. I would do both and make sure everyone gets a nice amount of branches.

SOOOSKA wrote:
I'd buy some, mine love the apple branches from the orchards NOT from the stores.:)

Susan
Great! I agree with you 100% with not buying from stores - Who knows what they spray them with. That's why I was so excited when I saw a few downed apple trees (after being a little sad b/c I would climb them as a kid). I knew there would be many rabbit owners like me who would love to get their hands on virtually organic apple tree branches.

I'm still open for any more ideas!

I just spend around 4 hours last night cutting the branches into ~3-4inch pieces give or take. Still have to use my table saw for the larger branches.

I've decided to forget the fundraising idea and just send branches to any rabbit lover who is interested (just pay for shipping). I didn't realize the amount of work for such a small amount of branches.

With that being said, If you read this and you would like a bag of organic apple tree sticks (not sure how much shipping is, cant be much), shoot me a PM.

Cheers

lol - you have no idea how much work I thought it was compared to the work it actually takes.

Either way, it's worth it when Rabbi just devours one.

Back