Poppy @ Marquette MI Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11 BUNNIES IN A SEDAN-Now someone outta WRITE a SONG about that-that is freakin "COOL RIDE"...HAHA!
I dont see where it will be a PBLM...We here will send a large pet carrier for you to keep filled with paper on bottom(we had a pblm w/bun's foot getting wound up in sheet/cloth that was under the hay on bottom of carrier-wont do that no more) and then hay as in a "BED OF" it for their comfort...(I always tell the bunnies how lucky they are and that BABY JESUS SLEPT ON A BED OF HAY TOO:)SO, I am calliing out HALEY:)) FOR HELP:)) coz Deb is going on vacation the 18th so she and Hersheybabes can get WARM(YOU LUCKY LITTLERASCAL::))

If someone can get Poppy to Chicago or at least the Indiana/Illinois border, I can do it.

KRSAS, I've been to Catnap before and actually just adopted from there (Guinness the Tan, did you see her?). It's easy to find and I have no problem picking up rabbits from there. (Are you taking Flopsy? I love her. Say you're taking Flopsy!)

LOL! Awesome :) I did see Guinness, we have been trying to help them forever but we are always overflowing... We just arranged an adoption for Morticia and Lenore at CatNap (YAY) and we are going to take Einstein and Taylor. (Apparently Flopsy is in a foster to adopt already... but I asked for her!!! Too funny! Thanks so much :)

OH SHOOT I am waiting on flavored baytrils to send with our little Popper...calling vet now to see when they will be here.THEY WONT BE HERE TILL END OF WEEK-OH MY GOSH:(((
I have inj. but DARN it...would rather send the little flavor tabs....
OK well I quess I can mail them too-

Morticia and Lenore??? Myheart and Bluefrog will be thrilled! I'm glad someone finally got interested in Flopsy. Her personality really caught my eye when I was there. Not to mention that she's gorgeous and an unusual breed.

I am currently not working and I don't have any plans so I can drive whenever. Do you have someone to take Poppy from you to Chicago?

KRSAS, if Christine can't get the flavorings in time you could have your vet order it or put in an order through my vet (Sheboygan Animal Hospital) and pick it up when you come here. It's right on Hwy 23 near I 43 and 4 blocks from my house. If you do that, we could meet there. You may also be able to get flavorings through Walgreens, which keeps them on hand for flavoring childrens' prescriptions.

I actually was/am ordering baytril "flavor tabs" (banana and raisin) for the buns...not a syrup flavoring...you just give bunny a little "treat" and his medicine "gets in" without any force(Hay said the bunny;feed me plenty-they taste good:)) LOOK MOM:))) HA!)
I was wanting to send them with Poppy...As a matter of fact THEY taste so good that my CATS got into the baggie of the little individually wrapped treats of baytril last night and ruined several that I had for my buns to get me through till the other comes in...The packages have bite/teeth marks and are completely ruined/sqwished and slobbery too-I am so mad...

Got the baytril in....Also important, I have just treated Poppy for....
:shock:TAPE WORMS:shock:
I had Poppy on the bed for further observation...she sleeps with you so nice, all night...she licks and licks and loves on you so close-such a nice bunny and is a super sweet bunny...THEN I found the little presents within her pills during 45 minute checks on her while next to me.
My vet, and I, could not believe it-
Well she was treated yesterday(FYI per 5 pound bunny requires 11mgs.Praziquantel/repeat in 10 days)
She was also treated for fleas-they have to ingest a flea to get the tapeworms....some bunnies do get the TW's but others do not. Bunnies cannot pass TW's to other bunnies, thankfully.Ok, so we are gonna have Poppy here for a minute. Deb's on vacation and I have not hooked up with any other ways to get her to CHI. I am still looking and PLEASE keep this thread burning and alive. Poppy NEDS a cart!!! I am convinced as is the vet she has been abused and has OLD spinal and pelvis injuries that have healed wrong-she falls and flops to her side from this.It is heatbreaking...
I will try and make more room here by bonding some bunnies.We have calls for rescue THAT MUST BE HANDLED to save the bunnies...2 are outside right now...Fixed brothers-never outside before now there is "NO ROOM EVEN IN THE GARGARE FOR THEM" I am desoperate to save them.Woman that emailed said "the waterbottle is frozen outside". IT IS KILLING ME EVERY SECOND TO KNOW THEY REMAIN OUT THERE!!!Let us wk out a plan for Poppy(and continue praying for her too), I am wking on cart for her-we need special needs home for her....Head Tilt is so much better already!!! Let us please please find a place for the 2 already fixed brothers....and then one all white rosy eyed "show bunny" needs placement by Jan1st...WTF is it with this "SHOW BUNNY CRAP" They are ALL SHOW BUNNIES!

Hey Guys
I am going to be out of town the 22nd-28th. If transport will take place during that time, I can have my partner in crime help out. She is already taking care of my kids and Im sure she would take Poppy home for the week. Just keep me posted so I can keep her in the loop as well.

Christine... I feel your pain... this is my least favorite time of year....

I cant do anything right now:( I am so over-booked...I cant get her there w/o help-I have her began on several treatments-several(some questionable but I dont care-if they help-PERFECT/Reiki is one/water therapy/massage therapy are others)....PLEASE help whomever you can help, oh dear.. and maybe by the time Poppy comes she will have her cart and be-well and fixed/adoptable...she is not fixed yet but breathing is good.../HT is so much better if not healed-and she is getting a wheel cart::))

Ok I am glad she is making some improvements! Sounds like you are doing a great job with her :)

I will work on getting those two other rabbits up here, we have one coming in today as well that is pretty sick from a neighboring shelter.

Keep me posted if you need anything!

Christine, will you please email me when you decide shes stable enough to transport. I will try to help you with this if I can. I do have a friend going out to Chicago near the end of the month who might be able to help if Deb could get the bun from you.
Best to email me at [email protected]
Haley

Latest posts

Back