pop art decoupage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilytheStrange

Reaction score
This art project I've been working on has taken me about 2 months to complete between job hunting and staying at home with Ian. I have this thing for pop art, absolutely love it. A friend of mine did some scrapbooking stuff on canvas with decoupage and it gave me the idea to turn my obsession into a cool piece of art for the house. It's a combo of Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein. Some stuff I pulled off the computer so I have enough prints to cover my canvas and show my inspiration. But I made a lot of my own pics too, with images of my family.
Here is the folder of pics I'm using on the canvas:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v122/EmilyLS/animations%20avatars/pop%20art/?start=all&special_track=album_paginate_top_view_all

I can't wait to finish it! After my job interview this week, I'm going to print everything up, lay it all out and then get dirty with wallpaper paste.

After this project is complete, I have already have another in mind for my family's favorite vacation spot, Edisto Island SC. My parents have a vacation cottage on the marsh (called Spellbound) and I just love the old primitive feel of the nature in the area. Edisto is under strict laws to not get developed so there's really nothing around at all. And the old native culture is still evident on the island. Old island folk who still paint their houses pink to ward off boo-daddies. So I'm making a shadow box of pictures I've taken of the house, marsh and beach to capture that feeling of total relaxation and abandonment I feel when I'm there.
Here are the pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v122/EmilyLS/digital%20photography/Edisto/?start=all&special_track=album_paginate_top_view_all

Thanks for looking and indulging my creative side!

Love your work.. I book marked your page.. bit of an artist myself, love to see what others do..

Love it...thank you for sharing your creative side with us..

Z

Those all look so cool Emily. Love them!

Latest posts

Back