Poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
What are the poos suposed to look like.

I see so many people talking about there rabbit poos.

I know my dogs poo so well that I can pick my dogs out of a field full of poo. You poo tells you a lot about health.

But I never know if storms is normal for a rabbit.

He ha light brown poo is hard and round and a pretty good size and he has a few of those that look like bunches of grapes but those are far and few between.

I just really wondered.

It will be different for everybun. Size depends on the size of the bunny, color depends on how much hay they eat, etc. In general, I know what the poos of my bunnies should look like--a certain size, shape, and color--and if things aren't normal I push the hay. Any hair in poos, funny shapes, strung together, mushy, or seeing cecals (the grape-bunch things) isn't good. A few cecals once in a while are ok, but I worry if I see them 2 days in a row.

poo-poo-poops,,.lagamorphs,.excrete two types of poops,..a day poo and a night poo,..still with me,.ok ..here goes,,night poos or cepatopes are the small grape like bunch which they reingest to control the balance of flora in the gut,..this is a must.!-the day poos are the most frequent and are sweepable into the dust pan or poop box(generally-these are round)-size of pea,z,rrrr-,not to be confused with poops,rrrr.rrr,..:biggrin2:,anyway,.yes it is important to know the health of said rabbit,anything which will help in diagnosing/a prelude to any emergency/.-is quit helpful,,.as they groom, and may swallow some fur,they are unlike(a cat)and cannot throw up a fur ball-therefore anything in must cycle through the(gut) stomach and intestinal tract and also exit(beware of some toys),..that given ,.if you see in the poop box these round poops,real small,gewwy/ichy,..something is a miss/has diahrea set in??..has coccidia set in??need antibiotics(baytril),..prey animals-(rabbits)-would rather die than express their situation?many do!,.why,.is because they donot want to appear weak in the eyes of the enemy,.(predators),yes we are at the top of the food chain,right along lots of others,..feel the tummy when you pet your pet,rrr/ does it feel-(normal)- like doughy soft or a rock,-(gi stasis) this is when a diet has been compromised by a lack of fiber,..a good diet consists of 70% fiber(orchardor timothy grasses)-did i say pellets,yes-how much,..1 ounce pellets per one pound of rabbit-per day,then you might as a treat feed,variety of fruits and vegy,s,--dark green leafy stuff-(no ice berg lettuce)-(no apple seeds),.you seee what one question -poops-can do ,..i have had my triumps and sorry,i would not wish this kind of sorrow on any one,..take care and i hope this info you will find very accurate/useful,..sincerely james wall;er:coolness:

Latest posts

Back