Pooing problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin

Reaction score
Hi all, Raisin has a pooing problem at the moment and I wonder if someone can help me or tell me what is wrong with him. He's 7 months old and the past 2 weeks he has been eating less pellets and hay and making such soft long poops that stinks very much (at least twice a day). He also makes some small hard ones every now and then. I have not changed his diet at all. Do you think he has a serious problem?

Please help

It sounds like those stinky poops he's leaving are his cecals,and heis supposed to eat them straight from the source..He should alsobe making the small hard one's more regulary.

Since you have'nt changed his diet,then i'm not sure what the problem could be

So i will move this thread to the infirmary,and hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you

cheryl

The poops is more like diarrhea. I have seen the cecals and he has been eating them, but this is not the same, they are really almost runny (eewww). The small hard ones are smaller than his normal hard ones.

I just remember I did buy his pellets from a different supplier, it might be that. He is still loving his treats but looks like he's getting thinner. He is also drinking more or less the same amount of water than he usually do.

I just went to the shop and bought him Cuni Crunchy from Versela-Laga,he loves them and then I will see if anything changes. May be get rid of the pellets that I bought for him. My friend also bought the same pallets and nothing has happened to her bunny.

Thanks for you reply!

It does sound like cecals. Runny messy cecals are really gross. Do switch back to the regular pellets and also cut out the treats- they might be causing the bacterial overgrowth that causes cecal problems.

Is he drinking much? Make sure he's drinking plenty of water,and encourage him to drink more by giving him a bowl if he has a bottle, and maybe flavoring it with vanilla, Pedialyte, or a no-sugar juice. Also try reducing his pellets a bit to see if you can get him to eat more hay.

Hope he's okay soon!

Thanks, will def cut out his treats and see that he eats more hay. Have tried to feed him hay yesterday and this morning but he's not really interested in it.

The pellets are the same that I always buy but just a different brand. It might still make a difference. I am going to throw them straight into the bin, dont want a sick bunny.

He has a water bowl to drink from and it seems like he's drinking the same amount of water. He has also began to show signs of puberty, like humping my friends arm :inlove:as he's really fond of her and also pee on her when ever he gets the chance.He's def in love with her. Can this pooingalso have something to do with his hormones?

Different brands will usually affect their stomachs differently. When you switch, you need to start by mixing some new food with old food so he can get used to it.

Poop problems like this are not caused by hormones. He might be marking territory more with poops and urine, though, as that is a common part of puberty. Have fun!:D

Latest posts

Back