Please send your prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
I have just learned my Mum has had a stroke .. well, they think it's a stroke at this moment in time.

She lives about 4 miles from me so my sister, who lives in the same village as her, called the ambulance and she and my Mum's husband are with her at the Hospital.

I know no more at this time but I have come on here to ask you to please please send those positive thoughts that can work wonders.

Thank you.

Saffy xx

You are such a lovely lot !! THANK YOU!

Just rang the Hospital and she is only just being seen .. having gone in by Ambulance at 1.15 with a possible stroke. Sheesh! No news as yet, but at least it looks as though it's not critical.

I really do appreciate all your thoughts and prayers .. I truly believe they help. THANK YOU!

My Aunt had a stroke a few months ago. After the initial scare and stress from the hospital visit she left with nothing wrong with her. Hoping the same goes for your mom. :hug:

Hi! I'm off to the Hospital later. She's to stay in for tests..

Apparently, they are not sure whether it was a stroke .. she was unable to talk or to move her legs, but is doing so now ok.

She had a triple bypass about 14 years ago and has started having trouble with her thyroid and kidneys but because of her heart cannot take the medication required to right this. They think it could be a massive blood infection connected to the kidneys.

She's in the best place .. and at least she can relax instead of running around after her husband (my step dad) all the time !

Thank you once again .. so nice to have support from you all.

you and your family will be in my thoughts, :hug2:,
my mum had what was like a stroke around this time last year, it happened when we were with them and was very scary, so I ca understand how you must feel, I hope all goes well and again my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Hullo .. thank you for asking. Am not going to see her till tonight as my daughter and her friend are going today and I thought it best to stagger visiting so she always has someone to laugh at .. err, to talk to. Heh.

She has to have a scan of her kidneys, so it's looking likely that this is the cause.

I know she's 83, but she's a loopy, young 83 if you know what I mean. Some people are old before they are 70, but not my Mum .. She is always there for us, and never ever complains .. that's what has got her in this state now !!!

Again .. you people are so, so lovely. I told my Mum that one of the first things I did was to come on Rabbits Only to ask for your prayers and positive thoughts, and she was very touched - I'm going to print these off to show her this evening.

XX and smiles to you all !

She sounds like a wonderful person I have been thinking about you and her and you family. My thoughts and prayers are with u all!!!!

I would like to say .. SHE'S OUT ! The scan on her kidneys showed they were in ok condition for her age, but not working properly .. medication will hopefully help this .. though they wont improve.

They think the "stoke like" thing was a BUG can you believe? Mum is still really shook up. She said she went to the toilet and started shaking .. not shaking as in shivery with cold, but actually spasming and jerking about. Couldn't move her legs and was unable to speak. What the heck kind of a bug was that !!!?? I guess with her kidneys not working properly though, it didn't help.

Been round and did basic clean of the house for her and took her and Arthur the remains of the pot roast my hubby made for Sunday dinner. Will go tomorrow to change the bedding and turn the mattress .. that sort of thing.

Hopefully, she will now ask for help instead of thinking she is 23 and can do it all !

I truly believe that your thoughts and prayers helped ... and I can't begin to thank you enough.

xxx

thats good to hear, my nan is the same she is now 80 and had a bad fall the other day and banged all her face, it happens often but, she won't let us help her but, as you said they still think they are 23!
It's so nice to hear all is well with her, I agree with you that what kind of bug would cause that?

Latest posts

Back