Please read!! Rabbit has long poop- not cecotropes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellee4213

Reaction score
I came downstairs this morning to feed the bunnies and found that Ashen and Miguel had escaped out of their cage during the night. I saw long poop all over the floor and tracked it down to be Miguel's. He is 7 years old and a Netherland dwarf. I'm a worry wart so I could just be over protective but I'm considering taking him to the vet. I know for a fact it's not cecotropes, those look more like grapes. I'll post a picture if requested but I don't know many people who enjoy seeing rabbit poop. Thank you so much!!!

Could he have eaten something while out, that might have upset his stomach? Any sugary/starchy foods, anything toxic? Has anything about his behavior changed at all? Is he showing any signs of pain?
http://vetmed.duhs.duke.edu/GuidelinesforPainRodentsRabbits.html

Is he still eating, drinking, peeing, and pooping? Is the poop mushy and pasty or is it watery and runny? What is your rabbits normal diet like? Any changed or new foods given recently? Anything changed in his environment that could be causing him stress? Is he on any medications?]

Yes, post a picture of it.

Latest posts

Back