Please Read and Share!: City Council Threatening Family Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
Is that serious? Wtcrap is wrong with people? What can that rabbit possibly do for a town to waste time on this?! Dont they have bigger fish to fry?

Oh this upset me...

This kinda reminds me of the time when my dad's house got broken into--TWICE--and the police were basically "too busy" to help him out. Is this what the city does with their time, instead of doing things that, you know, actually matter? What are they trying to accomplish? Taking that rabbit away would not benefit anyone.

I know right? I was just sooo upset reading that! I mean, they have more than plenty of space and you can clearly see that that bun is loved. I think it is high time for rabbits to start being treated equally to cats and dogs!

Please just share it as much as possible so that we can gather as much support for them as possible.

When I heard about Lenox, that dog in Belfast, I totally assumed that they would make the right decision and return him home. They didn't and that dog is now dead. I would hate to see this rabbit be taken from their family. What will happen to her then?

Just horrible. :(

Obviously, rabbits were thought to be livestock when the rule was originally passed. That of course needs to be changed.

But I wonder why the home was inspected in the first place. Maybe there is something else going on & the rabbit is just the excuse to get rid of the people.

Absolutely crazy! If its anything like my friend it was because of a annoyed neighbor. I friend of mine had the city called on them when they were residing their house. We had some pretty nasty storms last fall and it ripped their siding off the house. Their really picky neighbor called the city on them because they replaced some of the siding but had to wait for the rest because of money issues. Then the same neighbor called them again because my friends hadn't put a gutter up on the front of their house. Ugh people!
I hope this little girl gets to keep her bun. I signed the petition and then posted it on fb and a few other groups that I'm part of.

LakeCondo wrote:
Obviously, rabbits were thought to be livestock when the rule was originally passed. That of course needs to be changed.

But I wonder why the home was inspected in the first place. Maybe there is something else going on & the rabbit is just the excuse to get rid of the people.

I agree with Orlena there had to be a reason the house was inspected?? We obviously aren't hearing the whole story.

In addition, although the rule seems ludicrous, and I don't agree that rabbits should be considered livestock, the city has to enforce the livestock law. Otherwise, the next person down the road could keep a cow in their house if they wanted.....

So this is more about how rabbits should be classified here. If it can't be proven or shown to get the classification changed, then the city is just doing their job. It's unfortunate that an innocent little girl is the one effected.

Once upon a time, my grandparents had chickens and rabbits and pigeons. It was classed as livestock in the 50's but they were grandfathered. It's like the blue laws--no selling cars on Sundays, etc. They need to use some discretion, as rabbits are number 3, right behind cats on the American's pet list. What a load of crap! I'd be talking to newspapers, Televison, and the state Politicians and Attorney general. When we lived in California I filed suit against the city I was living in, twice. It got their attention and I got what I requested from them more than a score of times.

It's a neighbor problem. They have been having problems with the neighbors for a long time and the neighbor has been making countless complaints. :expressionless

Fox News and apparently CNN have also picked up the story. The city is starting to fire back. I don't think they ever expected such an uproar. They sound good on paper, however, I am hearing from the family that they are taunting them and giving them trouble with everything.

The appeal is set for Sept. 20. :)

Back