PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepali Sarda

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME
My rabbit is 2.5 years old. He is eating normally. But it is almost 12 hrs that he hasn't pooped.
There are no vets around me. Please help me what I can do. Any medicines that can be easily used or found?
Please tell me some household ways to help him.
I have attached his photos. I am giving him belly massages (2 or 3 times)
I am from India

Attachments

• 011599e6-7570-4e2a-a012-57b7602ab73e.jpeg
    011599e6-7570-4e2a-a012-57b7602ab73e.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 10
  • dba016d7-014a-461b-bbdc-84fef6ffd212.jpeg
    dba016d7-014a-461b-bbdc-84fef6ffd212.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 10
PLEASE HELP ME
My rabbit is 2.5 years old. He is eating normally. But it is almost 12 hrs that he hasn't pooped.
There are no vets around me. Please help me what I can do. Any medicines that can be easily used or found?
I am from India
Try giving him baby gas drops , and i've heard that pineapple juice helps .
Do you have syringes or anything , incase you have to hand feed ?

How far away is the closest vet?
Keep giving belly him him belly massages .

https://myhouserabbit.com/rabbit-health/gi-stasis-in-rabbits-a-deadly-condition/

Good luck ! 😁

❤❤♥♥

PLEASE HELP ME
I am from India
And.. that cage is tiny , why has it got ta wire bottom , that hurts their feet so i hope thats not his permanent cage .

My vet had prescribed me metamucil. I get the off brand since it has less junk in it. It’s basically Psyllium husk. A teaspoon in some water. I don’t even bother trying to give the whole thing. That and a few syringes of water and they will start pooping normally within 15 to 30 minutes.

Best thing is lots of exercise and water after giving the Metamucil.

Does India have oxbow critical care ? or bene bac is probiotics. It’s powder & you put in the water helps the tummy .

My vet had prescribed me metamucil. I get the off brand since it has less junk in it. It’s basically Psyllium husk. A teaspoon in some water. I don’t even bother trying to give the whole thing. That and a few syringes of water and they will start pooping normally within 15 to 30 minutes.

Best thing is lots of exercise and water after giving the Metamucil.
Is it fir for rabbits to take metamucil?

Is it fir for rabbits to take metamucil?
Yes, my vet prescribed that I give Metamucil if the rabbits aren’t pooping for 10+ hours. It’s to help with blockages. Of course you have to make sure to feed the rabbit fluids to ensure the medication works correctly.

Latest posts

Back