Please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bun_floof

Reaction score
So i have 3 bunnys ((dizzy , silly , chungi))and today i noticed there was blood on the ground and i didnt know where it or who it came from but i found out that silly was the one with a bleeding paw and her nail is bleeding and i dont really know what to do , its midnight where i live so i cant go to the vet and i dont even know if i have to go to the vet for this. Its not a really big wound but i still worry about it.
Silly is really scared of me so handeling her isnt going well either ((its getting better tho)) but im really afraid i stress her out too much.
Can someone give me some tips on what to do?
Im already trying to clean it
Im really sorry for the bad english btw
I dont have a good picture of it 1553553916447.jpeg

If it is still bleeding, and you have cornstarch you can put that on the nail and apply pressure. If not she will be fine. I had one last week that broke her nail completely off and it was bleeding really bad, her nail is slowly growing back but she is fine. She will clean any extra blood you leave so don't worry about it. Also, she doesn't need to go to the vet for this.

^you can also use flour if you don't have cornstarch

In addition to what others have said, if you have access to something like hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol, that can be used to kill off any bacteria in the open wound. Cornstarch, flour and styptic powder can all be used to stop the bleeding. Keep an eye on it (check once a day or something), but once the bleeding has stopped then as long as it doesn't look infected, there's no need for a vet.

Ouch don’t use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on an open wound! Stingy. It also hinders wound healing as it kills healthy cells. The powders to stop bleeding will be fine. Keep them on a clean surface afterwards and there shouldn’t be any risk of infection anyway.

Last edited:
So i have 3 bunnys ((dizzy , silly , chungi))and today i noticed there was blood on the ground and i didnt know where it or who it came from but i found out that silly was the one with a bleeding paw and her nail is bleeding and i dont really know what to do , its midnight where i live so i cant go to the vet and i dont even know if i have to go to the vet for this. Its not a really big wound but i still worry about it.
Silly is really scared of me so handeling her isnt going well either ((its getting better tho)) but im really afraid i stress her out too much.
Can someone give me some tips on what to do?
Im already trying to clean it
Im really sorry for the bad english btw
I dont have a good picture of it View attachment 40099
Thank you everyone for helping me ,i really appreciate it.
It doesnt look infected fortunaly , but i will check it everyday for some time.
Really thank you all so much

Latest posts

Back