Please help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pangster

Reaction score
:?My family has arrived to visit melast tuesday and honey has been really strange since!! Dontknow becuase she think i dont give her as much attention anymore orbecause she is needing spay very soon!!

She starts to move everything in her house e.g the toilet and the foodbowl!! And she tries to scratch and bite the house as well,her house is made out from wood so it makes such a horriblenoise. i cannot stop her i tried pushing her head down as iread this somewhere before, is this correct?

Could her behaviour be too muchsweeties/treats??Shehas just beenreallyannoying because she wakes me up every morning and night time when itried to go to sleep!! She is so noisy and i dont knowwhy??? She used to be so good!!

Please help!! And by the way how much does it cost to spay a bunny?

Thank you!!

The pushing downon her head that you are referring to is something Buck and I havediscussed before. It can be used, with caution, when trying to make arabbit understand you are the dominant one between the two of you. Youmust do it at exactly the right time, gently, so as not to hurt therabbit, but with enough firmness so thatitunderstands you mean business. At the same time, you have to use yourcommand in a deep firm voice. I used it, as did Buck I believe, forbitting/nipping.

I don't know that you could get to yourrabbit in enough time when it is doing what it is doing to make itunderstand why you are enforcing your dominance over it. I think by thetime you got the cage open, pulled the rabbit out, pushed it's headdown and told it "NO", it wouldn't understand what you were upsetabout.

I'd try figuring out why it's upset. I think that's your best bet.

RaspberrySwirl

I agree with Raspberry. If you keepdoing it like you are, I would worry that she will begin to associateyou getting her out of the cage as being a bad thing. I haveused the push the head down for a humping issue with my leg that wasout of hand. It worked very quickly. If it hasn'tworked yet, I don't think it will.

I also agree that she sounds bored. More toys and stimulationare needed. Try toys that require interaction, like puttingtreats in the center of a toilet paper roll and stuffing the ends withtissue. Then she has to work for the treats. Orgive her things she can shred like a grass mat.

Jen

As my babies have gotten older, especially ourdoe, she's been acting as you described, i think it's those "teenage"hormones coming through, b/c they sound about the same age....spayingshould help...

It's also cause she wants to be with MOMMY! lol

:sickbunny:

Ellie

My boys are almost 2.5 years old and they stillchew, dig, and toss things around there cages. It's something that youmay have to live with unfortunately. As for pressing the head down, itnever worked with my boys, if anything I think they thought they werebeing rewarded for bad behaviour.

cirrustwi wrote:
I agree with Raspberry. If you keep doing it likeyou are, I would worry that she will begin to associate you getting herout of the cage as being a bad thing. I have used the pushthe head down for a humping issue with my leg that was out ofhand. It worked very quickly. If it hasn't workedyet, I don't think it will.

I also agree that she sounds bored. More toys and stimulationare needed. Try toys that require interaction, like puttingtreats in the center of a toilet paper roll and stuffing the ends withtissue. Then she has to work for the treats. Orgive her things she can shred like a grass mat.

Jen
Sorry for the late reply as i didnt get notify in my email haha!

Sorry i think you have misunderstood me! I dont take her outher cage to push her head down, i will do it when she is being badinside the cage like chewing the cage out, maybe i am wrong for doingthis!

I bought her loads of toys but does rabbit play themselves??She doesnt seems to play other toys expect the toilet roll which shewill eat!

I gave her some treats this morning hopefully should keep her happy fora while haha! Can i ask how long do people spend time playingwith bunnies??

Thank you for all your replies!!:cool:

I think when you get her spayed, some of thebehavior will stop, although not all of it. My doe Abby still moves thelitter box around now and then.

As far as pressing her head down, I don't think it'd be that effectivefor what she's doing. I've had to do it with my buck Valuran, when hewas going through his nipping stage, and it worked then. With yourrabbit, maybe you should try putting her box where she moves it to,instead of where you'd like it. My husband and I have tried this tacticand it worked well.

They really do have minds of their own. lol

She sounds like she might like a toilet paperroll with treats or hay in it. She can destroy the t.p. rolland get rewarded for destroying it rather then her cage. Justkeep saving them. I have a whole drawer full.

I would stop pushing her head down. You could be making herassociate her cage with something bad. Kind of like, youdon't put your dog in it's kennel as punishment because the kennelshould be a "happy" place. You want her cage to be a happyplace. Watch her and see what her behaviors are and then gearher toys to that. I have several throwers and a couple ofchewers. They love the baby links or parrot links.They can throw or chew them. I just have to be prepared toreplace the chewed ones, but you can get a bunch at Walmart for acouple of dollars.

I think there isa thread about toys around here somewhere. I'll bump it if I can find it for you.

Jen

:DThank you very much!! Yesi just let her move her things about in her house, i dont move them forher anymore!! IS her house, i will just let her decorate ithaha!

Yes i will have to phone the vet to ask about getting her spay soon!

Anyone know how much it costs in the UK?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back