Please Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
I honestly cant believe it!!! Jessica has started bullying Dexter and he is now a nervous wreck! They normally share a big NIC cage, snuggle all the time, both take turns in grooming each other and share food without any squabbles.

It started yesterday afternoon, my dad was holding Dexter and went to go put him down when Dexter jumped out of his arms from a big height onto the tiled floor, his paw was bleeding so we rushed him straight to the vets where we found out he had pulled an entire nail out :(when I got him back home I thought he would want some comfort from Jessica but she started chasing, grunting, biting and lunging for him. I had to separate their cages last night and tried them together this morning but she is still going for him. I feel so sorry for my little man he had such an awful day yesterday.

I have tried to rubbing dexter then Jessica and vice versa also rubbing my clothes on Dexters fur to get the scents mixed on each other thinking maybe its because he smells of the vets but this hasn't worked. I don't know what to do I can't believe they are back to how they were before they were bonded. :bigtears:

Has anyone ever had this before?

Keep the cages right next to each other and keep trying to see if they will be ok. That is why it is highly advised to keep bonded bunnies together when you take them somewhere. The vet being a big one. When one comes back the others sometimes reject them.

Thanks JadeIcing, Only just managed to see yur message had problems with internet connection. They are both happy again now thankfully. I took them on a car ride together, they snuggled up and since then have been fine again.

:biggrin2:

I'm glad that all is well.
My two had a random fight (they hadn't been separated or anything) about a year ago and Fiona got pretty beat up. I haven't been able to bond them again since.

Latest posts

Back