please help!! what colour is my bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a red polish? Polish are very similar to Nethies but they're a little bit bigger. Here's a link to a picture of a polish: http://www.freewebs.com/maplendpolish/100_0546.JPG
This may help some with the ring size. :)I do understand why she has a reason for puting a ring on him. In the US we tattoo our rabbits in one of their ears so we can show them, but almost all breeders tattoo the pets they sell too, this helps us keep track of what they sold to who and when.

btw she's a very cute rabbit. :)

I just checked in the BRC book of Standards and it appears that the American Polish is not listed as a recognized breed (unless it goes by another name) our Polish is what I believe is called Britannia Petite in the US?

P.S. That might also explain why the rabbit has a ring that does not seem to match any of the breeds listed for it.

she is 1.7kg which would make her over the breed standard weight for the polish bunny but maybe the american polish is slightly bigger

I believe our polish's max weight is three and a half pounds. So for the US standard she wouldn't be too big. Your polish are equivalent to out Britania Petits. What breeds use ring size B?

The rabbit we describe as Polish is not like the American Polish at all. It is the same as the Britannia Petite I believe.

In the BRC breed standards Agente Creme, Dutch, Himilayan, Mini Rex, Tan and Tri-Colour Dutch use the ring size 'B'.

Argente Creme, Dutch, Himalayan, Mini Rex, Tan, Tri-colour Dutch have ring B. Polish (Britannia Petite) have ring A. Netherland Dwarfs have x

brenflan wrote:
she is 1.7kg which would make her over the breed standard weight for the polish bunny but maybe the american polish is slightly bigger
There is a breeder who sold American Polish in Ireland and they look quite red in colour. I PMd you the thread on IR

haha no prob!:D Im glad your following the thread! everyones opinion is appreciated and helps so much! I saw your PM and replied :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back