please help!! what colour is my bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenflan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to figure out what breed this bunny is as i have got many mixed opinions. Thanks.

thriantaandredsatinrabbits006.jpg

thriantaandredsatinrabbits050.jpg

thriantaandredsatinrabbits004.jpg

Hi lela and Nancy, the bunny in the picture is BRC rung and her ring size is "B" meaning she's not a nethy! This is why I'm confused :? Any other ideas would be appreciated !

Ring size B is usually given to Argente Creme, Dutch, Himalayan, Mini Rex, Tan, Tri-colour Dutch:?

Well if she was rung in the first place shouldn't it be on record somewhere?

Also could you explain the ring thing a little? We don't do it that way here and don't know the BRC system of doing things.

How much does the rabbit weigh?

I didn't breed her so I don't know her original details. She weighs 1.7kg! The ring on the rabbits leg tell you the year the rabbit was born , a letter telling you the ring size and a number after for each individual bunny.

TinysMom wrote:
Could she be a netherland dwarf that didn't get the dwarfing gene?
This is what she looks like to me but Netherland dwarfs are rung with an x size ring (and only ND have this particular size)
If you are a registered BRC breeder you will order the appropriate rings for your breed from the BRC. In case of ND, you need to put on the ring by about 3 weeks and once the leg grows you can't slip it off anymore.
From what I heard in other breeds you can put rings on at a later stage and I assume you can take them off too.
It is just a very bizarre thing for a BRC breeder to do. The only reason for ringing a rabbit is that it can be shown in a BRC show. Why would someone put a ring on a rabbit that doesn't meet the standard or even worse put on a ring that does not match the breed:? In either case the rabbit can't be shown.

If a brc member was to contact the brc and give them the ring details would they be able to give you the breeders info? just a thought

brenflan wrote:
If a brc member was to contact the brc and give them the ring details would they be able to give you the breeders info? just a thought
Hmm... I wonder do I know such a person:biggrin: I can try my luck but from past experience the BRC are very slow to give out personal details of their members.
I was wondering, does your ring look as if it can be easily removed from the rabbits leg? In that case there is a chance someone put on a left over ring from another breeder or a ring that belonged to another rabbit. It beats me though who would bother doing such a thing:? If that ring does actually not belong to this rabbit then I would be very concerned breeding her. I recall your ring number had last years date (10)on it but if it is not the right ring the rabbit could be older than a year. Any chance you could contact the person you got her from and maybe get some clarification that way?

I contacted the girl I bought her from and she is as confused about her as me because she was told a red satin dwarf! She also won't give the info of the original importer so I've hit a brick wall there! The ring doesn't seem like it can come off over her ankle at all!!

Latest posts

Back