Please help this sweet bunny get leg surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiebun

Reaction score

CINNABUN escaped from an outside hutch at his former owner'shouse, and was hit by a car. His former family found him in the gutterand refused to treat him for almost two days. Theylet him sit in his hutch in pain, in over 100 degree weather.

CINNABUN is now in SF/ House Rabbit Society'scare and hasreceived x-rays, pain control and a chance to live a long, happylife. He has a badly broken leg, multiple fractures and othertreatable complications from the trauma of being hit by a car and leftalone for hours.

Baby CINNABUN desperately needs surgery to try to save hisleg. Surgery will cost between $1500 to $2000. The otheroption is amputation, which will still cost about half thatmuch. CINNABUN is only 3 1/2 months old and we want to givehim the best chance to have a normal, happy life.

If you can donate towards CINNABUN'S care, you would be helping to givethis special little bunny a real chance at a normal life. We don't liketo make decisions on financial considerations, but the reality is thatthere are so many bunnies needing spay/ neuter and rescue, that specialrescues like CINNABUN, can dramatically impact our ability to helpother rabbits.

<center>Please consider making a donation of $1, $2, $3,$5, $10, $25, $100, $500, ANY AMOUNT, large or small will really helpCINNABUN.

If you would like to help, you can donate by Paypal on our web site:http://www.saveabunny.com/donate.php

or you can mail a check to:

SaveABunny-SF/ Marin House Rabbit Society
P.O. Box 2143
Mill Valley, CA 94942

On behalf of CINNABUN, we deeply thank you,

SaveABunny
San Francisco/ Marin House Rabbit Society
http://www.saveabunny.com
415-388-2790

Thanks for posting this, Sophie, I made adonation. I'm also curious to know how much good posts likethis do for the cause.I may give them a call tofind out if there wasa surge of support. Did youpost it anywhere else today? Has it beenin a lot ofother places?

Thanks for sending a donation Radar.I'm not sure how much of a response SaveABunny has receivedyet. This message just went out yesterday to House RabbitSociety Members. I've posted here and on Craig's List in afew cities.

If you have a worthy cause, the more people who hear about it, the more help you can expect to receive.

Word is spreading in the US house rabbitcommunity and good news - a friend in California is interested inhelping with the medical care and putting in an adoptionapplication. Some good news on a very bleak day.

That is good news. Thankyou. Cinnabun is up at UC Davis Veterinary Hospital today, UCDavis is one of the best in the country. They will beevaluating Cinnabun to see which course of treatment will be best.

Here is an update my friend received via e-mail
HI Everyone,

I wanted to update you on Cinnabun and the news from UC Davis. I spentthe entire day at UC Davis yesterday seeking all possible options forCinnabun, getting new x-rays and blood work done for him.Unfortunately, it looks like Cinnabun has now lost all sensation in hisbroken right leg, likely a result of nerve damage. I saw the x-rays andhe has multiple fractures with bones jutting out in several places. Thesurgeon did not feel that the leg could be repaired and recommendedamputation. Cinnabun's tail was already amputated.
His left hip is still dislocated and will likely not be able to be putback in place. Since Cinnabun is a young rabbit, he likely will be ableto be mobile with the hip as it is. The vet recommendation was to firstamputate the right leg and leave the left one alone for now. (Moreinformation on Cinnabun's prognosis below photos...)

So, after consulting with Dr. Carolynn Harvey and factoring in theestimated cost for surgery at UC Davis versus VCA, the distance to andfrom Davis, and the unfortunate news that the UC Davis doctors did notfeel that any special surgery could really be done for Cinnabun otherthan amputation, I made the decision to bring Cinnabun back home withme, rather than have the surgery done at UC Davis. They would not havebeen able to operate on him for nearly two days. I felt that he wouldbe more comfortable with us in our home and foster center. So now, weare working on having the amputation done at VCA next week, and alsoone other possible option in Southern California.

Please forgive my lack of personalization and any duplication of theseemails. I am working on thank you notes and even if you don't hear fromme immediately, please know that I am tremendously grateful for yoursupport and generosity to help Cinnabun. I am doing my best to helpCinnabun and coordinate his care, as well as juggling many otherrescues and emergencies in the Bay area, in addition to the dailymanagement of our busy foster center. Be sure to visit our website
http://www.saveabunny.comto see all the bunnies in need of loving homes. Volunteers are alsoalways welcome and greatly appreciated.

With deep gratitude,

Marcy Schaaf
Chapter Manager
SaveABunny
San Francisco/ Marin House Rabbit Society
http://www.saveabunny.com

cinnabuncar.jpg

Latest posts

Back