Please Help Rocky!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Holidays Everyone!

We have been incredibly busy here and I apologize for the delay ingetting back to you. I just wanted to let you know that we have raised$400 for his surgery with another $800 to go. Thank you so much tothose of you wh have helped us raise this faster!

My foster home asked that I not post the vets information on a messageboard because the last time we did that the vets office got someharrassing calls and it isn't really their job to collect donations forus and they aren't allowed to give information out. But if you wouldlike to make a donation to the vet directly please don't hesitate toemail me for that information. Also as I said before, they have ourpaypal credit card on file and our paypal email address or regularemail address for inquirey is[email protected].

Wishing you all a happy new year too!

LittleFurriesRescue wrote:
My foster home asked that I not post the vets information ona message board because the last time we did that the vets office gotsome harrassing calls and it isn't really their job to collectdonations for us and they aren't allowed to give informationout.But if you would like to make a donation to the vetdirectly please don't hesitate to email me for that information.
What kind of harrassing calls would a vet get? That's odd. :(

This is going to be a bit of a problem, I invited Stephanie here in thefirst place, but the policy of the board is going to be allowing postslike this only if the rescue is a registered charity or the donationsgoto a vet.

Something is going to have to be worked out.

sas

Oh the donations can go to a vet! I just need to be emailed for the vets information as opposed to posting it here.

Okay I can post the vet info now, I wanted to make sure it was okay with my rescue partner and the vet office first:

Animal and Bird Health Care Center
1785 SPRINGDALE RD

CHERRY HILL,NJ08003-2136

Phone: (856)751-2122
All donations should be applied to the account of Deanna Matthews

Edited to add-You can call them with a credit card numberormail them a check, make sure to add a note saying that itis to be applied to the account of Deanna Matthews for Rocky or just toDeanna is fine too.

There has also been a new development. Rocky had bloodwork done todaybecause he has polyps on his kidneys:(

LittleFurriesRescue wrote:
There has also been a new development. Rocky had bloodworkdone todaybecause he has polyps on his kidneys:(
Oh poor Rocky...he just doesn't need this at the moment! :(

cheryl

I hope this is okay to post here. If it is not, let me know and I will take it down.

I am a collector of toys. I mostly collect action figures. I sell somestuff on ebay. As much as I'd like to donate money to Rocky, Xmas wipedme out, as I'm sure it did to many of us. So I couldn't donate much. SoI decided to put up an action figure for Rocky. Ironically, it is for a"Rocky" action figure, from the Sylvester Stallone film.Alittle fighter for a little fighter. Sorry, that was corny.:) I paid $7 for it, and I've seen it go as high as$50 in the past few weeks,which isn't much, but it'ssomething.So I put up an auction for it. ALL of the moneyraised by the auction will go to Rocky. I put information about Rockyup on the page, along with a picture. I already talked totheLittle Furries Rescueabout it, and they are okaywith it. Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300064348371

Like I said, if this isn't okay to post here, just let me know and I will take it down.

So if you know anyone that is interested in action figure collecting, maybe you could tell them about the auction.

Happy New Year.

Thanks.

Aw, Clobb, what a sweet thing to do!!

:inlove:

Hopefully it will generate a pretty penny for Rocky, especially given the resurgence of interest with the new movie.

I'mflat broke these days myself (too much time on bunnies,none on the book that's long overdue!), but I do have a stack of new,unopened CDsI candonatelocally, I'll makeup the descriptions, etc., butI'm absolutely terrible aboutmailing things, so forget my own auctions! I'llhave to look harder for a rescue who's willing to turn them intocash.

What a great example for others!!

sas :hug:

Thank you so much Clobbersaurus! Please notethat it says we are closing on our web page but we won't be closeduntil we have adopted out the last bunny and we have about 20 in rescueright now. I have not been able to take their pictures because mycamera is being repaired:(

It's no problem. I wish I could do more. Butdon't we all? There are a lot of people watching the auction, I justwish it would get some bids already so at least we'd know some moneywas coming.

Sorry to hear your rescue is closing. Hopefully the remaining buns can find good forever homes.

If anyone was interested, the auctionIlistedraised $46. I'm going to round it off to an even $50.Which isn't a lot, but it's something. Hopefully a few people who sawit made a few donations. Just thought I would share. Hopefully he isdoing okay.

Hello everyone. Thank you so much Clobbersaurus!I told Clobbersaurus to go ahead and call that in to the vet to beapplied directly to his account. He is going in for surgery on February1st after he finishes a round of antibiotics. Please pray for ourRocky! If anyone would like to make a donation please feel free to usethe vet information that I already provided in this thread and make thedonation directly to the account. Or you can paypal a donation to[email protected]

I am not sure how that would work Minilops, itmight be more beneficial for you to make a donation directly to the vetusing your credit card.

Does anyone else here know? I believe that paypal always charges a small fee for using their service.

I donated to Rocky through Paypal on a UKaccount and everything was OK - and they didn't charge meeither. I don't know if it would be different from NewZealand, but if there were any problems, then I think that Paypal wouldlet you know and not debit your account.

I will be hoping and praying for Rocky on 1st Feb - poor little guy deserves some good luck!

Jan

Another Update on Rocky. It was fate that wegave him that name, because boy is he a fighter! Rocky started eatingand drinking on his own, but unfortunately he also started an upperrespritory infection. He is still fighting and seems happyand active despite this. If he doesn't improve within the next 24 hourshe will be going to stay at the vets to get some treatments and oxygen:(

We are trying to find ways to raise the funds for his growing vetbills. If anyone has an idea on how we can do that, I am ALL ears!

Thanks again for all your well wishes four our boy!

Latest posts

Back