Please Help Rocky!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
RO member f_j brought this to my attention and asked me to post something here in case anyone would like to help.

So, if you feel like giving and have a little to spare, this little boycould sure use a donation that would help pay for his operation. Imsure even a small donation would help. Please give!

Rocky is a 4 yr old Holland Lop who is in need of a hernia operationwhich is very costly. Click here for more info:http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5831488

Please help Rockyif youcan!:gifts::giftsmiley::santawink:

Thank you for posting this!

Rocky has been waiting a while for this surgery to be done and it ishas been a long road trying to raise the funds to do so. You see, wehave not had too many adoptions come inin the pastyearand the rescue has been at a standstill. Weraised $130 of it at a yardsale and than a very kind angel just donated$200 more so we are finally making some progress on raising the fundsfor him! He needs to have the surgery done by March at the very latestthe doctor says.

Thank you to the person who donated $200 towards his surgery!:bunnydance:

LittleFurriesRescue wrote:
Thank you for posting this!

Rocky has been waiting a while for this surgery to be done and it ishas been a long road trying to raise the funds to do so. You see, wehave not had too many adoptions come inin the pastyearand the rescue has been at a standstill. Weraised $130 of it at a yardsale and than a very kind angel just donated$200 more so we are finally making some progress on raising the fundsfor him! He needs to have the surgery done by March at the very latestthe doctor says.

Thank you to the person who donated $200 towards his surgery!:bunnydance:
Aw, this makes me cry! :tears2:

Kudos to the angel!:bouquet:

(Any more out there?) :lookaround

:anyone:

sas :wiggle

Here is the update on Rocky. He has gone back tothe vet this week, they are doing another ultrasound because they thinkthat the hernia might have gotten bigger which means that his surgerymight be pushed up to a sooner date :(

I will get the vet info to post here if they allow us to have peoplecall in donations for this boy directly to them I don't see why theywouldn't though.

He is going for another ultrasound on Tuesday,we also just found out he has coccidia and since the vet didn't checkfor that last time they think he has had it for a while, theypreviously thought it was the hernia making his bowels so loose, but hetested positive for coccidia:(

His ultrasound came back, his hernia is getting bigger, the upped is surgery date to late January instead of March.:(

Poor thing. Have you checked out this site:http://www.imom.org/I knowthey have a one-time grant for needy rescue orgs, but Im not sure ifthey support rabbits (or if its just for cats and dogs). It might beworth a shot though.

It is going to cost about $1200 we have raised$400 of this. We are setting up donations through the vet along withour paypal account, we have a paypal credit card which we have on fileat the vet office as well. The paypal ID isL[email protected].

I know that this is going to sound like a crazy idea - but hey - it is the Christmas season.

Is there some way that you could get a local newspaper to do a story onthis guy - maybe the needs of shelters/rescue organizations...and workwith the vet so that if they follow this story and list him in it - hewould donate some of his labor for free to help out with this?

Maybe you could sell a local newspaper on a 2 part series....one before he has his operation and then a follow-up afterwards?

Or even a tv news show? Maybe as a "human interest" type thing? They might get in donations or something?

Just a thought...

Peg

Another idea is to make up a little flyer abouthim and put it on clear jars w/ lids for donations and put it near thecash register at some stores? Even pennies would add up...

Peg

'Fraid Rocky's not 'dramatic' enough for a newsstory, at least not this time of year, although there are alwaysoutlets if you look hard enough and pitch long enough.

IMOM is a great resource, I'll be updating more on that later, butthey're for immediate emergencies and not pre-existing conditions, so Idon't think that'll work.

I've seen some pretty drastic stuff work, though-- somebodywith a petcamped out on a streetcorner armed withaprint out telling the sad tale,a reference letterfrom the vet (with a phone number people could call to confirm thestory),donation info via the vet, and a hat for smallchange. Worked wonders. And something like THAT, aunique angle/hook, might also inspire some press coverage.

(Not to say you should do that, just pointing outinventive examples).

His name might work for him too, in light of the new Rocky movie. "Here's another little fighter... "

Mind you, if the few hundredactive members on this boardeach contributed just$1, it would go a long waytowards helping this bunny. $2 would cover it.

Hope it works out for the poor littleguy. :(

sas

As a member of the media, I agree with Pipp withregards to the angle; you've got to think up something totally uniquein order to have a better change of getting it into the paper. Come upwith something that's unique, and that's really going to tug atpeople's heartstrings - sad as it may be, not everyone out there reallycares about animals, and rabbits aren't always held in as high a regardas, say, cats, dogs or horses. If you know anyone who happens to workin public relations, speak to them to try and get some ideas.

If I had a cheque book I'd make a donation... do you think it's safe tosend money through the mail? I can't get PayPal to work with my cardover here, my bank blocks it >.<

Hollie, I wouldnt send $ in the mail..you could send a money order though. Im sure even a small donation would help.

:pray:

I'm on my way over to paypal. It's Christmas Evetoday and I want to help out this little guy. I can't send much - but Iwill send some.

I'd like to toss out a challenge to those who have paypal....consider sending a $1 or more to help out this guy.

Or maybe start collecting your spare change at the end of the day andsave it up to send a small donation. I bet if a few of us did thisbetween now and New Year's Day....we could really help his cause out.

I've been reading this thread and thinking, "What can I do?". Pipp's comment showed me what I can do!

Peg

Pipp wrote:
Mind you, if the fewhundredactive members on this board each contributedjust$1, it would go a long way towards helping thisbunny. $2 would cover it.

Hope it works out for the poor littleguy. :(

sas

Poor Rocky. :pray:

I couldn't donate very much but I hope that little bit helps.

Does anyone know how much is still needed to fund the operation?

Do you guys remember Jacques, mytinylittle holland lop that died last July from fibrosarcoma?Rocky looks just like him...I hope so much that money can be raised tosave him...

Latest posts

Back