Please help! Oreo just gave birth but there are only three kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting a baby monitor so I could watch what she is doing lol :p:p She is a lot more active when i'm not watching her. she is eating and drinking great and i watched her go in the nest twice this morning to feed her babies. I checked them before i went to work and they all had fat bellies and were really warm. I guess i was being overly paranoid. :cool:

I ended up getting a baby monitor so I could watch what she is doing lol :p:p She is a lot more active when i'm not watching her. she is eating and drinking great and i watched her go in the nest twice this morning to feed her babies. I checked them before i went to work and they all had fat bellies and were really warm. I guess i was being overly paranoid. :cool:
That is super smart! Sorry, but I need to steal your idea, haha. I am very, very glad the bunnies are doing well; it made my day for sure :)

Storm had 8 babies this morning... *sigh* I just hope her nails are not an issue, but supposedly, Rex mommys are exceptional.
How exciting, Wilma's bunnies are 5 days old today and they are doing well. Their fur is starting to grow in now. I was also worried about her scratching them because she is a nervous bunny to begin with but so far so good.

So cute - I miss baby, baby, buns. They are just SO SWEET!!! I loved laying down in their room and letting them use me as a bunny jungle gym. How I loved when they would get startled and would run up to me to be saved from the strange new noise!

They still do it now, but it's a little different. They are bigger. But I have two from one litter that will "pet" my daughter and I. o_O They will put their front leg on our arm and lightly and slowly pet us...it is so cute.

Enjoy your baby buns! They grow up so fast...:(

So cute - I miss baby, baby, buns. They are just SO SWEET!!! I loved laying down in their room and letting them use me as a bunny jungle gym. How I loved when they would get startled and would run up to me to be saved from the strange new noise!

They still do it now, but it's a little different. They are bigger. But I have two from one litter that will "pet" my daughter and I. o_O They will put their front leg on our arm and lightly and slowly pet us...it is so cute.

Enjoy your baby buns! They grow up so fast...:(
I know, right? They are sooo addicting, and too bad they have to grow up :(

OMG that sounds so cute, at least you have two-- yay!

:(

Two, I have 28 buns...they are all my babies...but growing up so fast.

6 turned a year 12/23, I have 9 turning a year in May and 7 turning a year in June. Then I have 3 unknown ages guessing about 2.5 yrs now (rescued from down the street where abandoned at a park - how I ended up with so many).

Then my original boy is 5 and my second boy is 4 and his gf is appx 3 they think - according to age when I adopted her.

I fixed all my babies now, one of the rescues had 7 babies 2 weeks after the rescue-miss sexed those babies :confused: ended up 3 preg females :eek::eek::eek: 2 birthed litters in May, one in June....adopted out 2 :D

Had to put one down - he broke is back leg bad and quality of life would not have been good for him.

Miss you Happy! Sweet boy :(:(

:(

Two, I have 28 buns...they are all my babies...but growing up so fast.

6 turned a year 12/23, I have 9 turning a year in May and 7 turning a year in June. Then I have 3 unknown ages guessing about 2.5 yrs now (rescued from down the street where abandoned at a park - how I ended up with so many).

Then my original boy is 5 and my second boy is 4 and his gf is appx 3 they think - according to age when I adopted her.

I fixed all my babies now, one of the rescues had 7 babies 2 weeks after the rescue-miss sexed those babies :confused: ended up 3 preg females :eek::eek::eek: 2 birthed litters in May, one in June....adopted out 2 :D

Had to put one down - he broke is back leg bad and quality of life would not have been good for him.

Miss you Happy! Sweet boy :(:(
Wow, how can you take care of those bunnies, do you run a rescue? Really glad they are doing well, and are neutered. When I was a teenager, I ended up with 22 from three mommies, two dads, even though the females were cages...

Honestly, if it was practical for me, I would keep all 11 babies, but 3 already recked the apartment

It's difficult!

Thank goodness for my two kids that help me out. :rolleyes: If not for them, I couldn't do it. ;)

I have started to buy hay bales, now that I have a place to store it - which makes it cheaper - those bags of hay were KILLING me financially :confused:....we go through about 4 bales a month...6 bags of pellets, and they get "freshies" 3 - 5 times a week. I am currently looking to plant my own bunny favs to make it less expensive. But you do what you have to do...I am trying to adopt most of them out but have only had success with 2. I am a picky bunny mommy ;) and my buns need to go to GREAT homes, otherwise I might as well keep them and deal with the expense and love knowing they are being treated correctly, it will save me headache/heartache later.

Both doing great in their new homes and happy. I wish I could adopt more out, I thought I did my due diligence with the sexing of the first litter but even my vet got 1 of 3 wrong...after MUCH research - reading, watching videos, etc. I was able to successfully sex the three unintended litters after sexing them first ones wrong.

Wish me luck!!! Maybe someone will come by while they run in the yard and want to adopt! Then I can scrutinize them o_O and make sure they would be good bunny slaves :eek:, I mean parents! :D:p

Latest posts

Back