Please help me identify the colors of these to fuzzy lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The darker coat that you see coming in has more guard hairs and is closer to the correct textured coat of a mature fuzzy lop. The coarser mature coat is easier to care for than the softer baby coat. (Although some adults have an incorrect, soft coat).

I would say, from seeing the new coat coming in, that yours is a siamese sable.

Pam

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:

Nice Variety!

~Sunshine

Edit: Something to also keep in mind, you "Black" Buck may possibly be a Self Chin - you now know that at least the buck or the doe carries the "c[suP]chl[/suP]" gene ;).

Thanks! But, um, OK, what's a Self chin?

I just sexed all the bunnies and all but the two black are bucks (and one of the blacks has a lucky toe). I sure did get a lot of bucks out of the last two litters.

A self chin is exactly what it sounds like - a chinchilla with the self gene instead of thecorrect agouti gene. They look just like normal blacks and can be shown as a black as long as the eye color is correct...sometimes self chins get blue or marbled eyes which would be a DQ since they are shown as a black.

As for your sable point, I believe she is what they call a "sallander"in the UK. It's shown as sable point here, just looks like a dark/smutty sable point. In laymans terms it's a tort with the chinchilla gene or a sable point with the chinchilla gene (which ever one is easier to remember) which makes sense since you have chinchilla, non extension, and self in that litter.

VERY cute kits! I have Fuzzies too and they are an awesome breed (well...the best!) Your babies are very cute, love the ears.

Latest posts

Back