PLEASE HELP I'm so scared!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimCurry

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. My name is Kim, and I got my little Daisy as a baby in September when she was 9 weeks old. she grew on me, would come over and lay down next to me and I would rub her head, and then she'd cover me in kisses and rub her chin on me before bounding off just to come over and snuggle again. Well, I'm moving from a not so great situation. We haven't gotten really any play time in the past week and a half or so because of all the boxes and mess. I took off for a few days and my mom said she was feeding her daily... but I come home after 4 days and she's laying in her crate, not acting like herself "honking" at me. I let her out to run around despite the mess in my room- and she took off and hid under the bed and I couldn't get her out! She growled and lunged at me... I swear it took me over an hour to finally get her! It's breaking my heart to see her so scared and angry. I come home and it's like she's mad at me, or doesn't remember me... right now after finally getting her she's just laying in her crate like... giving me the death stare. I do believe she has separation anxiety from me seeing as when I'm gone for a day (and yes she has food and water) she flips out and throws everything around. Will she forgive me? What's suddenly gotten into my baby! I'm having a hard time in life right now (severely so). Sometimes I just can't think things can get any worse then... I come home to my baby acting like this. she's been one of the few things to bring me joy lately. I'm so upset

Last edited:
It is possible she's a bit upset at you for leaving her and giving her less playtime. It's also possible she has developed a medical problem that's causing her to act out because of severe pain. What I think is happening though is that she's hit puberty and her hormones are making her more aggressive and moody. That's very normal. If you can take her in to a rabbit vet to get spayed (and rule out any medical issues causing her behaviour) that should help calm her down a lot.

I would ask your mom or whoever was feeding her while you was gone how she was acting. My rex mix Belle gets upset if she's in her cage for two long between the cycles I have for my male and female. During the holidays I went and visited family and they had to stay in their cages the entire day. When I came home and let Belle out she was acting out thumping and showing her disapproval towards us. Like said above there could be something wrong with her or it could be hormones.

Hey guys, thank you for your replies. Today I woke up and she was okay, eating, moving around, I stuck my fingers in there and she covered my finger in kisses and nudged my finger demanding a pet. I think she was just protesting. I truly believe she has separation anxiety from me and feels threatened when I'm gone. It is wonderful to earn the trust of something that is a prey animal in that way. Is getting spayed safe for them? I'm worried about my baby getting surgery. I'll take her to get looked at to looking into getting her spayed.

Is getting spayed safe for them? I'm worried about my baby getting surgery. I'll take her to get looked at to looking into getting her spayed.

There are risks in any surgery, but in the case of unspayed female rabbits there is a very high chance of dying from uterine cancer - something on the order of 80%. So the risk of surgery is far outweighed by the risk of cancer if they're not.

Latest posts

Back