Please help emergency

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She might of been spoked, I suggest put her in her hutch and monitor her that's what I do and they will be comforted and feel safe

BunBun.... Breeding quality mini lops since 1999

As BunBun02 said, she could have been spooked. She maybe ran a little to hard and is tired and scared. They best thing to do is leave her to rest p, but keep an eye on her :)

She charged and my wax burner fell on her. It was not on, but I'm scared. I cried I was so scared!

Rabbits can freak out for no apparent reason (to us). Something, a noise or something she thought she saw, caused it. She'll calm down, but until then keep her in a safe place so she doesn't hurt herself if she spooks again.

She just looks a little freaked out by the picture.......I have seen my Black jack with those same eyes at times. Just give her a rest and she will settle down.

She's become so mean :( she is scared of everything and thumps at me whenever I walk into the room. She also runs and hides and won't come out of her cage. I think she thinks I did this to her on purpose :( no more kisses or love nips for me.

She's not being mean, she's just a tiny rabbit who had a big scare ^^. Some rabbits are quicker than others to forget about "bad" experiences. I don't know if it's coincidental or no but the girls I've had were always a lot more cautious and longer to forgive and forget than boys : generally, it takes 10 minutes for Tybalt to forget something bad happened whereas Aki can take a WEEK to forgive you when you took her to the vet or had someone she doesn't know over. I would suggest sitting quietly with veggies and treats she likes a few times until she calms down. Offerings always help to improve their mood. With my rabbits, putting on music also helps tremendously (but I play the piano and they are used to it, so it's like an 'everything's normal!' signal).
Try to act like everything's normal and don't try to coerce her into cuddles and stuff if she's still spooked.
Looks like you've got a sissy, like my Aki XD. I have to say that having a partner helped her a lot to get over her fear of everything - she just runs to him and gets him to give her a relaxing massage or nose licks when she's scared. But, if it can make you better, about 3 years ago she ran around like a madrabbit and was terrified for days after a stink bug landed on her nose for like 2 seconds...

We are thinking about getting her a little friend. Thanks for the advice. I'm feeling a bit better about this!

omg Aki!! The stink big story hahahaaaa, poor thing!!!

Harper... I hope she snaps out of it, that is just awful :( But I am glad she is okay physically. What does she do if you sit with a treat? Will she come to you at all? I'd be so hurt too :( My bun is everything to me and to not get bunny kisses would be devastating :( Keep us updated please!!

Try it keep your energy positive. If you feel scared and worried, she will sense that and it will affect her negatively. Give her some space, as mentioned, offer her some healthy treats, she'll come around when she's ready. One of the things I do with my rabbit(who frightens easily), is I give her a healthy treat whenever she gets scared or if I know she's about to be triggered by a certain noise. I also talk soothingly to her and sing to her and I find it helps a great deal. The treat thing is good because it distracts them and also helps positively associate the negative experience.

She won't eat treats if they are by me...I tried earlier today. BUT I laid outside her cage and hand fed her pellets through the cage and she really liked that. She be-bopped around like the old days. She also came out of her cage (on her own) for a second while I was getting her food. She has always been eager to run around outside her cage so hopefully this is a phase. Right now I am going to keep interacting with her from outside her cage and see how it goes. Hopefully work back to how things used to be.

Latest posts

Back