PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Bunny lost litter habits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickandOliver

Reaction score
Since acquiring my Oliver about a year ago, we’ve had to change apartments a couple times. The first time, he adjusted in about month and had good litter box habits. This second time, though, it’s been nearly two months and he shows no signs of wanting to use his litter box. In fact, the only time he sits in it, is when I’m cooking, strangely enough. Any ideas on how I might help him out? If anyone has questions for me in order to help, just let me know. I'd be happy to enter into a discussion. Thanks guys!

Can you go into more detail? What is your rabbits set up like, does he free roam? What's his litterbox set up? How old is he? Is he neutered? What's the flooring in your new place, in his new pen/area? What was it in your previous places, his previous pen/area? Is he peeing in particular spots or all over?

Do you have any other pets? Do you know if this new apartment had pets in it previously? Any environmental changes that could be upsetting him, like loud noises, barking dogs, etc?

Any signs of it being health related, like a consistent urine soaked bum, pasty or thick urine, blood in the urine, dribbling spots of urine (not hormonal spraying), straining to urinate?

Hello! I'm so glad you asked, and yes, i can go into more detail. He has an enclosure that is totally HIS space, which I don't violate unless it's to feed or deep clean. He has free reign of the apartment. While he enjoys total freedom, He doesn't go beyond the living room. The first time we moved, it took about a month before he's go back into the bedroom, but it's been nearly two months at this place, and he hasn't adjusted, and he NEVER goes into the kitchen even though it's open concept. His litter box is in said enclosure, jsut as it always has been. It is the kind of litter box that has a grate over the litter, so he can't dig at his furiously. Also in this box, is a hay dispenser. He seems to like that a lot. I do not know how old he is. When I got him, he'd been surrendered by his previous guys only a half hour before, the shop hadn't even done an intake on him. I believe he's neutered, but I only think that because his urine doesn't really smell at all that I can distinguish. In all of our apartmemts we have had hard wood flooring. Inside his pen, however, he's got a pillow of mine, and two of those very plush pee-pads, though when he DID pee in his pen, it always seemed as though he peed on the floor just beyond the pads.... no clue why. He is peeing in certain spots. Namely, where I like to sit on the couch! He will sometimes wait until I get up, and jump over to my seat, and pee! I do not have any other pets. I'm thinking of getting him a playmate, but need to figure out the best way. I cannot think of any environmental changes that would be bothering him. That is because we stayed within the property when we moved. We jsut moved to a newly renovted until on the third floor, from the first floor. For all intents and purposes, it's the same. Finally, there has been nothing to suggest that he is sick. He eats plenty of food, both fresh veg and kibble, plus treats, and gets plenty of water.. He has no isues going potty, it's just WHERE he insists on going that I'm running out of ideas on. I hope some of this helps, and just say the word if you need further clarification! Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back