PLEASE HELP ASAP (major hair loss, skin irritation)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi every one 2 week ago the bunny started to loss it fur and on friday be for she went back to the vet she took the pic
the bunny has ben looss it fur for about 2 weeks she took the bunny to 4 different vet none of them now what it is
she is freaking out

Where in Canada is she? I'd like to find out what the vets did in terms of treatment, and I'd like my questions at the beginning of the thread answered if you can get them to her. Is that possible?

sas :expressionless

Hey WILD, thanks for getting back to us :)

I wonder if your friend could join the forum? Is she able to do that? It might be easier than you having to relay everything. Could you maybe suggest this place to her?

HI PIPP
THE BUNNY IS 1 2/2 ITS AND AMERICAN AND SHE LIVES IN QC,QC CANADA THE BUNNY IS IN QUARANTINE AT AN EXOTIC VET IN MONTREAL THEY STILL CAN PIN POINT WHAT IT IS
LAST WEEK IT WAS JUST A LITTLE FUR SHE WAS LOSSING AND THIS WEEK BY FRIDAY IT WAS THAT BAD SO SHE TO HER BACK TO THE VET SHE WILL BE THERE FOR ABOUT WEEK

HI FLASHY I WILL BUT SHE IS WITH THE BUNNY AND SHE IS TEXTING MY BY PHONE SO I TOLD HER I WILL SEND THE PIC EVERYWHERE I HAVE THIS PIC OUT TO 50 VET HERE IN MA AND TO A BIG WIG A HARVARD
SHE NEEDS ME AND MY HELP AND I AM NOT GIVEING UP I HAVE BEN UP SINCE 3 AND I HAVE TO GO TO WORK AT 8:45

Thanks, just a couple more questions left, very helpful info.

Pipp wrote:
Has the skin been cultured (tested) by a vet? If so, did they say it was a parasite? bacterial? Fungal? Viral?

Any sores elsewhere on the body, ie: feet, face, genitals, etc?

sas :expressionless

Maybe when she gets back from the vets she could join :) Just a thought.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
It looks like a possible burn or chemical burn almost to me. I wonder if she got into something in the house. :(

Have they gone through the house on a product search? If it happened really suddenly, maybe.

Mites/mange are supposed to usually start around the feet and face as well as a v-shape from the neck down the back, but there are different kinds of mites and I don't really trust the 'usual'.

I've also seen a guinea pig and a dog this badly affected by them so I wouldn't rule them out in a rabbit.

I don't know how safe it is to administer a shot of Ivermectin and hope for the best, but if it isn't likely to be detrimental given the overall health of the rabbit, I think I'd request that.

I'd like to hear from people more knowledgeable on this.

sas :?

Okay, I went through her Bunspace and Etherbun posts (which date back days), they've treated her with Revolution which is why they don't think it's mites/mange, but I'm not so sure. There is also a reference to crusty eyes, and that to me says mange. I don't know if Revolution is the best drug for that or not, and I don't know if it can be mixed with Ivermectin.

I'd love to know what kind of antibiotic she's on, and if there are other animals in the house that could have been carriers of parasites.

And that bunny is a mini-rex!

sas :clover:

hi pipp how did you no she didnt want anyone to no who she is
she going to get mad at me she is a very private person

Latest posts

Back