PLEASE HELP ASAP (major hair loss, skin irritation)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILD

Reaction score
THIS IS MY FRIENDS RABBIT SHE IS IN CANADA AND THE VETS ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP WHAT IS THIS SHE IS FREAKING OUT BAD REALLY BAD
3707978058_5db8961c12_o.jpg

Oh god i have never had it with a rabbit but i did have it with a guinea pig like that. Is it itchy? My guinea pig had to have a mite injection that cleared it up x Has it spread quickly? Poor bunny it looks so sore x

Poor bunny! We're going to need a lot more information.

How old is the bunny? What breed? Where in Canada?

Has the skin been cultured (tested) by a vet? If so, did they say it was a parasite? bacterial? Fungal? Viral?

Does it smell bad?

How and where did it start and how long did it take to progress?

Any sores elsewhere on the body, ie: feet, face, genitals, etc?

ETA: Indoor or outdoor rabbit?

Spayed/neutered?

Did anything preclude the problem such as a bath, a run in the garden, any kind of stress?

Is the rabbit chewing at it or is it falling out on its own?

sas :pray:

Oh that's horrible. Poor, poor bunny.

The sooner Pipp's questions can be answered the better.

Also, you don't have to shout at us all the time :p

Has anything been spilt on her? A chemical? Hot water?

That looks really terrible, and I think a vet should be able to help you. It looks like a chemical or heat burn, and with it covering so much of the body, she must be in terrible pain. I think a vet that deals with dogs and cats could help with this too, although of course a rabbit vet is best.

I would think basic ER care like plenty of fluids will help, and no sunlight.

And pain meds.

But before we can even begin to guess the nature of this problem, we really need a lot more information.

sas :(

I agree, it's important to know how long it's been there, if it's been developing for a while, what the rabbit may have been exposed to, etc.

I was wondering if it could be an allergic reaction, although does look like there has been a bite on one part but that could be itching or something. If it was a human we would say dermatitis, maybe the bedding or something they roll in x
poor bunny xx

:( I hope the OP can get back to us. It's horrid being so helpless with a bun in such a state and knowing that they don't know what to do to help it.

that poor bun , i thought baileys was bad but that is way worse , just a thought but is the rabbit kept outside and has it been outside for a while since the fur fell out coz if he/she doesnt have mites.fungal/viral infection it could be sun burn if the fur has been gone for a while and bunny left outside there would be nothing to protect from the sun and the skin would get badly burned i would imagine

Latest posts

Back