playpen as cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiko

Reaction score
Do you think a child's playpen would be adequate for my two bunnies while I am in class and at work?

One of my rabbits has no front teeth, and the other only chews paper, so I don't feel as though she'll gnaw through the mesh of the playpen.

I just want something large and spacious for them while I am away. They are very used to running free so being in a pen most of the day will be very different from what they are used to.

Could you post a picture of the playpen you have in mind?

What about using something like a puppypen? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001275ID4?ie=UTF8&tag=laptmemo-21

The risk with those is that they can jump over so you might need some sort of cover on the top (which they do sell). However, I'm not sure that would be big enough for a long period of time for some bunnies, so it would depend on your bunnies (i.e. how active, how big), you might need to get two puppy pens and join them up and make them to fit into whatever space it is you want them in.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

think she meant baby playpen...

and i would say its probably a little to small for two buns looking at my daughters playpen...

fuzz16 wrote:
think she meant baby playpen...

and i would say its probably a little to small for two buns looking at my daughters playpen...
Yeh, I knew what she meant, which was why I made a different suggestion :) I agree, that it could easily be too small, which was also why I asked for a pic. Maybe give us more clues as to how suitable is it. But yes, I do agree that the chances are it will be too small.

Do you know what NIC panels are? You can make a pretty good sized pen with these... and the connectors really lock the sides in place.

Here's a small example of what I'm talking about... you'd want to make yours bigger and taller.

Picture.jpg

Back