playmate for Leonardo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catherine

Reaction score
If I were to get a buddy for Leonardo, would it be best to get a boy or girl?

Catherine

It doesn't really depend on gender, it more depends on personality.

I don't know what gender Leonardo is, but I would presume a buck. In terms of bonding, it can be easier m/f, then f/f, then lastly m/m, but there are no guarantees doing it like that.

You might be better off taking him to a rescue and letting him choose his own friend, that way you stand a better chance of bonding them.

You might find it easier to observe him where he is naturally because it might give you an idea as to whether he is dominant or submissive. Whichever you he is, you ideally want the opposite, if he is dominant, you want submissive, if he is submissive, you probably want dominant, but that's not quite so key when it's a submissive bunny.

If you do get another rabbit, you need to be prepared to house them separately if necessary because bonds don't always work. Also, read up on everything you can about bonding before you go and get another rabbit (theres some greta stuff in the Bunny 101 forum).

Good luck :)

No problem :)

I'm quite diverse in my bonding, I have no 'traditional' m/f bonds, which is why I believe it's totally down to personality above gender.

Good luck finding a friend for Leonardo :)

Please be certain to put a lot of consideration about adding another rabbit to the mix. I've seen many families who were delighted with one rabbit, so decided to add another and found that while one was company, two was a crowd ;)

There is also the issue of the rabbits bonding together and not being as affectionate with their owners or becoming aggressive. You may find the dynamics between Leonardo and your family changing with the addition of another rabbit.

Be certain to consider all the things that may go wrong, so you'll be prepared to handle the situation if they do (including having 2 rabbits that don't get along at all).

Pam

Latest posts

Back