playing with bowl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie_in_PA

Reaction score
I got a short video clip of Patch playing with her treat bowl ... it's so cute ... she was hilareous ! I put a little alfalfa hay in it for a treat and she didn't like it, so she scooped and threw it all out and then carried the bowl around in her mouth and was flipping it and throwing it ... it was great !

I'll get the video clip uploaded later, I have dial up and photobucket doesn't seem to want to work for me right now, plus I'm sick, so I'll do it later.

Ok, here's the clip. You gotta watch close though, or you'll miss the toss. She did this for a little while, but by the time I got my camera and was ready - this was the last time she did it (go figure) :?

Toilet paper rolls! They are awesome. Cheap toys that serve two purposes chew and toss!

I am glad you are keeping her.

Oh so it won't hurt them ?? I mean, I figured that they could only have stuff to chew on that was edible, I even went out and purchased this "edible log" for small animals. It's made of alfalf and honey. I bought that for her to chew on. But I always have toilet paper rolls ;)So if it's ok for her to chew on - then I'll throw one of them in for her to.

fred and shadow LOVE toilet paper tubes! actually, they enjoy chewing ANYTHING that is cardboard...

Julie_in_PA wrote:
Oh so it won't hurt them ?? I mean, I figured that they could only have stuff to chew on that was edible, I even went out and purchased this "edible log" for small animals. It's made of alfalf and honey. I bought that for her to chew on. But I always have toilet paper rolls ;)So if it's ok for her to chew on - then I'll throw one of them in for her to.
My Bun would throw his food bowl whenever he was done eating and I had to deal with the pellets everywhere - so "tied" down his food bowl with those "springy" wires so no more mess would be to be had.. Now he tears up his bedding in his pen (sigh - :().. Buns want to have a "voice" I believe so they toss their food dish telling you they are done eating and you need to pay attention to them..

Stuff a toilet paper roll full of Alfafa hay and watch you bun go crazy ( and make a huge mess) - so much fun to watch - just have your vacuum cleaner near by!

How cute! I hope it was empty before she started:) My two love to toss their salad bowls around. I have a set of 8 colorful plastic bowls that I used when my kids were young that I have repurposed as salad bowls for my bunnies. They are just the perfect weight and size for rabbit frisbees:biggrin2: That and their baby key rings are their favorite toys.

Well the good thing is, it's just her treat bowl, so her pellets aren't in that ... she has a self feeder that's attached to the cage that has her pellets in (unmoveable :) ). I use her treat bowl for her celery, etc. And the day she was REALLY throwing it around was when I put alfalfa hay in it and she didn't seem to like it (she didn't eat it, just dumped it out). hahaha ! Crazy bunny !

She also has an edible log to play with and chew on, and I put a toilet paper roll in for her, plus she has a little trinket hanging in her cage - it's one of them bunny toys with the little blocks of wood on it and a bell.

Then she has a hammock to use if she wants (not sure if she uses it or not). I don't know if buns naturally use them or not ... or if it's just for ferrets. I had it and figured I'd let her try it. Anyone else have one for your bun ?

What is the name of the log? There has been some issues with some. Several small animals and even some rabbits have died shortly after using them.

REALLY?? Well shoot ... I don't know ... I threw the paper to it away ! It came from Walmart. Said it's an edible log made of alfalfa and honey. That's all I know without going to Walmart and looking. I live 45min from Walmart, but I will be there again on Sunday, unless someone else knows what log I'm talking about that they carry.

If you are looking for a chew log, there are some tree branches you can give her. I know willow is safe and there are a few others (I'm pretty sure there is a listing in the library). Willow baskets, willow balls and willow wreaths (sometimes you can find these in the dollar store) are great too. They have to be plain (untreated).

Julie_in_PA wrote:
REALLY?? Well shoot ... I don't know ... I threw the paper to it away ! It came from Walmart. Said it's an edible log made of alfalfa and honey. That's all I know without going to Walmart and looking. I live 45min from Walmart, but I will be there again on Sunday, unless someone else knows what log I'm talking about that they carry.
It sounds like you have a Snak Shack Activity Log. I have no idea if they are the ones linked to any deaths, but I do know that they are nutritionally bad for your rabbit.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Julie_in_PA wrote:
It sounds like you have a Snak Shack Activity Log. I have no idea if they are the ones linked to any deaths, but I do know that they are nutritionally bad for your rabbit.

It is one of those no proof but many perfectly healthy animals dying shortly after getting it.

I believe that it also has ceder in it.

Latest posts

Back