play time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mhiszxpinay,

Some rabbits like toys, some are very picky about them.Someone recently posted about "Rabbit Toys". You should checkit out as people have good ideas and between all of them, surely yourlittle one will find something to play with that he/she likes.

You should check out the following site on Rabbit Behavior.It's the best I've come across to date:http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html

-Carolyn

It can't be a week and a half old. Rabbits wouldnot live on there own at that age. It must be over 4 weeks, but morethan likely it's over8 weeks because as Carolyn has pointedout, selling them younger is against the law.

Disclaimer:? Not sure about being it beingagainst the law in the all states here in the USA. (Even when it is,some people think they're above the law.)?

Regardless, New York does put this under the umbrella of Cruelty to Animals.?

'Nuff said.

:)

-Carolyn

I have arabbit named Dale. He will onlyplay with a blue plastic bowl. No baby toys, or anything. He throws itaround and looks to see if i'm watching

shirley

I don't know if it is either, but I'm really hoping it is against the law in most places!

No worries, Mhiszxpiney. :)

By now, between websites to check out and our own ideas, you've got plenty to work with for toys.

Keep us posted on which one Miss Emmy takes a liking to or if you find one that we would like to try out. :)

-Carolyn

well... i've tried a gold-ball, and an obstaclecourse, it loves to jump around the table holders, and climb thestairs.... and that's about it.... well it die from depression likethis? how do you get it too play? I'm running out of ideas on what itcouls play with!

Try a set of baby keys, or a stuffed terry clothtype of animal (the kind that you would find in a baby section of astore.) You could also get a cardboard box and cut holes inthe sides. We use an upside down computer paper boxand the holes allow our bunny to go in there and hide when he doesn'twant to play.

Another good game is having them chase the towel. Take a handtowel and slowly drag it on the floor in front of her. Mylittle guy will chase after it and try to catch it the way acat would.

Wabbitwuv

Do you mean to say the bun you have is 4 weeksold? At 4 weeks their eyes have only been open for two weeksand they are just starting to sample mom's food and water.Rabbits are weaned from mom between 6-8 weeks of age. I amhoping we have misunderstood as to the age of your bun. Tothe toy issue. Some buns play and others don't.They love toilet paper rolls and I have never seen a bun that doen'tplay with them. Donna

hmphh..i`ve been having emmy for at least 2months now..it doesnt play with the toilwt paper rolls...but i gave ita little plastic ball and emmy only rolls it like at least one or twiceand leaves it alone...:(

Carolyn wrote:
Disclaimer:? Not sure about being it being against the lawin the all states here in the USA. (Even when it is, some people thinkthey're above the law.)?

Regardless, New York does put this under the umbrella of Cruelty to Animals.?

'Nuff said.

:)

-Carolyn

Many states have statutes regulating the sales of younganimals. (Although there are loopholes). In mystate of PA, it is unlawful to sell bunnies under 8 weeks ofage. Before I moved from Ohio, we were working on attemptingto pass legislation regulating the sale age of bunnies. Theproject went to the wayside when the state rep. we were working withwas not re-elected, so there currently is no law in Ohio that addressesthe age of pet bunnies for sale.

Pam

Mhiszxpinay, pleasetake what I'm getting ready to say with a spoonful of sugar.:)

It really concerns me that in all of yourposts that you refer to your bunny as "it". I guess I couldunderstand it somewhat if you don't definitely know your bunny's sex,but I get the feeling that you don't see it as a real, breathing,living being, that maybe you see it as just a "thing". Pleaseforgive me if I'm not on track, but this really concerns me and I feltthat I should mention it.

I'm wondering if you could connect withyour bun on an emotional level if you wouldn't have as manyfrustrations with him/her as you have been having.

I sincerely hope this helps.

omg..i never realized that :(:?I am soosoorry! emmy is a she..im not getting fustrated with emmy..its justthat the last couple of days im getting alittle worried about her..Iplay with her everyday and shes always out of her cage for at least anhour..

Mhiszxpinay, thanksso much for clarifying this. I hope I didn't come off asbeing critical. I just wanted to make a point that I thoughtmight be helpful. :)

Back