PixieStixxxx and the Papaya Thieves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
My Old Blog was too much of a mess to deal with, and with a handful of new bunnies, I decided to start over! :bunnydance:

About The Bunny Slave: I'm an 18 year old student living in Burnaby, BC, Canada. I'm in my first year of Biology, and hope to work with animals one day! I've been a small animal adoption councelor for a local SPCA for two and a half years now, and I think I'd like to get involved with rescue work.

Snoopy:

Snoopy.jpg

When I was 15, and my younger brother was 13, we got a rabbit on a whim at Petcetera for Easter. I still bang my head against a wall for this. We knew nothing about rabbits, fed him crap pellets, no hay, and he lived on a wire bottom cage. But we loved Snoopy dearly, and took him for walks outside in the parks. As I got involved with rabbit rescues a year later, I started to learn better and soon Snoopy was eating Oxbow, had good timothy hay, and a glorified cage. My brother loves Snoopy with all of his heart, and so when I moved out, I thought it'd be best to leave Snoopy behind with my brother.

Spank:

DSC00315.jpg

When I was 16, as part of my work experience class, I was sent to the Vancouver SPCA. I was immediately drawn to the rabbit room. And met a bratty little baby named Spank. The next day, I learned that Spank was to be euthanized because he was the last rabbit to enter the shelter, and there was no space for him. Spank was living in a guinea pig cage on the floor. Spank also suffered from issues where he could not control his moods and would switch from a sleepy mellow baby to instantly waking up, running in circles, growling and attacking anything in his way. He was considered unadoptable, and so I walked out with Spank underneath my shirt :biggrin2: And yes, he did bite my stomach... HARD. Thanks for being grateful.

Muffy and Labrador:

037.jpg

Eight months after Spank came home, I visited the shelter on my day off to see poor Miss Muffy. Muffy was 8 1/2 years old, and was a shelter regular for the last 4 1/2 years. She was bonded to a spunky half English Lop named Labrador who was only 16 months old at the time. Muffy hadn't moved nor eaten in days, and the shelter was considering to euthanize her for the cage. So, I took them! I thought Muffy was nearly done, and I wanted to give her a loving home before she was. So I did not feel it was nessicary to tell my family about my two newest additions. Weeks passed, and not only did Muffy make a complete recovery, she and Labrador stole my heart. So, I told my family, and adopted them. Muffy passed away on January 18, 2008. A year and a half after I first took her home. She only lived to be 10 :(

Savannah:

056.jpg

Two months after my 18th birthday, Spank made it clear he needed a friend since I started working full time and I started university. And my boyfriend made it clear that our newest addition had to be a lionhead. After searching the shelters, and petstores, and after numerous bonding sessions - Spank chose no one. Thanks Spank! So we resorted to craigslist, and drove to an hour away to meet a young Lionhead. It worked out better with this bun, and so we took her home and named her Savannah. Of course, Spank then decides that he HATES her. And for four months, we kept them separate. Then one night, Spank escapes, lets Savannah out, and I find them cuddling in the middle of the living room. Spank and Savannah have been bonded ever since. Savannah has an issue of tummy problems, and therefore she is my only rabbit who is not fixed. This became a problem when Royce (My foster, who is unfixed) mounted her and babies were born on April 21, 2008. I've since separated Spank and Savannah, and Spank is so upset :(

Royce:

019.jpg

One month after the arrival of Savannah, I was contacted by my local rabbit rescue about a girl who just needed someone to look after her rabbit for a year. I agreed, and Royce was introduced! His owner is such a nice person, she comes over regularly and brings tons of supplies! But Royce escaped, and mounted my poor Savannah. Royce is considered "The Perfect Bun". I bring him to the shelter often, and they nicknamed him "The Marshmellow" as he's so mellow and well natured!

Precious:

DSC00695.jpg

Precious has been in the shelter for nearly three years due to her agressive nature. And there have also been countless euthanization scares. I figured since Labrador was so depressed about Muffy's passing, I'd give it a shot with Precious and Labrador. Atfirst, everything was going fine. But then it turned into a death fight, and I have given the bonding a rest for now. Precious has calmed down immensly, and is such a cuddle bun. I've fallen in love with this girl, and she sure does love watching CSI!

Savannah and Royce's Babies: (Royce's owner will be taking one, and I will keep the other three)

Agent Orange:

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

Agent Orange will be going home with Royce. And I needed to call him something other then "Baby Bunny!".

Smudge if a boy, and Sofia if a girl:

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

What can you say about that cute, round, mushy face? <3

Sylvia if a girl, and Sylvester if a boy:

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

Alright, it's really "Silvia" if it's a girl. Silvia, as in the car 240 =T Boyfriends... *eye roll*. She's too cute for that!

Simba if a boy, Kiara if a girl:

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

Awww! I just love all your little ones :).

What a goof Spank is.. hehe aww! How is Mr. Labrador doing? Savannah is so pretty and waht a good momma! So glad to hear Precious has settled down, poor baby deserves to be queen of the castle! Givethem all akiss on the nose!

Those babies are too sweet for words! I want to snuggle all of them hehe!

Love your Blog and buns (Agent Orange and precious are just that - both precious, not to be dissing the others). How great that you took these trouble makers in and have dealt with them all so well - your definetly gifted.. Keep posting and I'll be a devoted fan..

Spring wrote:
Bumpity bump bump.. bump bump!

I think we need to hear some updates and see some pictures! :D;)
I wholeheartedly agree - its been FOREVER since we were thrown a bone and you can't leave us hanging w/the those new baby bunnies running about!!! Hello?!

Latest posts

Back