Pittsburgh - Resolved!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is beautiful! Any idea how old she is? What is her personality like? Is she litter box trained?

She's litter box trained and I'm guessing she's about 4 years old. Very good with people.

I'm hoping to hear back from the family soon for further updates.

Pam

So tempting.:DNo way Rob would say yes.

I've emailed the family a couple times and am waiting to hear back.

So far, no one has shown a sincere interest in taking Chessie :(

Pam

Pam, Do you think they really want to re-home her or are they just overwhelmed at the moment?

I wish someone could take her in to foster her atleast. Then when they find a new owner, they can contact the old owners for approval.

I'm not certain if I have the most current email addy for them, so I'm not certain if they got the address to this forum or my other emails.

I don't think they will be able to care for Chessie with the mother going through a very serious illness that appears to be long-term.

Pam

Well, I have been giving this some consideration. I have two buns already and three would be my limit. I was hoping maybe someone else would jump at the chance to have her but it doesn't look that way.

My biggest problem would be getting her here. I don't have the most reliable transportation. I live in Willoughby Ohio and could probably drive a half an hour or so from home. Anybody live near Leroy or Painesville?

luvthempigs wrote:
Well, I have been giving this some consideration. I have two buns already and three would be my limit. I was hoping maybe someone else would jump at the chance to have her but it doesn't look that way.

My biggest problem would be getting her here. I don't have the most reliable transportation. I live in Willoughby Ohio and could probably drive a half an hour or so from home. Anybody live near Leroy or Painesville?
I live about an hour west of you in Medina County so don't think that will help much. I am trying to limit transporting at the moment as both my vehicles have 100,000+ miles on them, although I wouldn't mind helping a good bunnyparent like you. I work in Canton - don't know if that's of any help in transporting.

If someone can get the bun to me (Wheeling, WV...about an hour from Pittsburgh), I can transport halfway to luvthempigs. It would be about an hour and a half for each of us; meet somewhere around Dover. That is pretty much the exact halfway point.

Pam--do you think you could get the bun to me?

~Annie

I'm sure they would bring Chessie to my house, or I could pick her up in Pittsburgh.

I'm not that far from Painesville.

I'll keep trying to get in touch with the family.

Pam

Painesville, OH? Do you know where the Lake County Fair Grounds are located?

luvthempigs wrote:
Painesville, OH? Do you know where the Lake County Fair Grounds are located?

Have been there many times :)

I'm originally from Geauga County and am former secretary of the Lake/Geauga Rabbit & Cavy Club.

Pam

Cool :cool:

If the family still wants to re-home her would you be willing/able to meet me at the fair grounds?

I would love to be able to help them (and her)out by giving her a home :)

Also, thanks to everyone else for the offers to help with transportation.

I can most certainly bring her out to the fairgrounds.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Pam

Wow, Ive been slacking. I missed all this!

Thats great that luvthempigs is going to give her a wonderful home. The family must be so relieved to know their girl will have a great home.

Let me know if you guys need any help with anything transport related, but it sounds like youre all set!

Congrats!

Thanks Haley,I can't wait to see Chessie in person.

I'm already making mental notes about what I will need to get for her ;)

**pouting**

I wanted to help...mainly because I wanted to see that fluffball in person and just kissie her precious little nose!! But okay...it's better for the animal if they only trade hands once.

**still pouting**

~Annie

Latest posts

Back