Pippi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelsey514

Reaction score
Hey!

I adopted my rabbit Pippi 5 weeks ago and things are going great :) She's about 8 months old and spayed, not sure of her birthday because she was rescued in a group of 17 "easter bunnies" that didn't get sold. Poor things. She was at the shelter in a ~18x36" enclosure by herself for more than 4 months. She's a Flemish Giant and about 11 pounds now. I adore her! She eats 5 pounds of timothy hay every 10 days :shock: and loves fresh dandelion leaves, crab grass, and spearmint from the yard. Her favorite treats are apples and carrots (how cliche! lol)

We got to know each other over 2 weeks, because I visited her 5 times at the shelter while I waited for her to get spayed. So, by the time she got home I guess she was already comfortable and I got flops and binkies straight away! Within 5 days I gave her free range of my bunny proofed apartment. She's never had an accident out of the litter box and she visits with me on my bed at night.

I actually found this forum for a specific question. Sometimes, Pippi gets really silly when I go to pet her. She lunges and grunts at me, but when I back off she comes back for more and lunges again. Then I do a little dance with my arm and pet her on the back/butt and she binkies like crazy! I've been searching and searching and can't find anything about a rabbit "play fighting" like dogs do, or binkying when mad. It really seems to me like she's play fighting, because she always binkies after! What do you think? Oh and she does binky at other times too, not just after the lunging/growling.

Thank you guys!
Kelsey

Welcome! She sounds like a character. Glad you found us here and post pics if you want :)

Thanks for all the replies! I am glad to hear you all think she's just playing :) She's a very dark agouti, with almost solid black nose and ears. Trying to upload some pictures now.
59B23BA3-9966-4DE0-AB55-1805D58FC589-748-000000E9C4359562_zpsdd8e5961.jpg

FE3D2AB5-0F95-42C2-96D3-FDC8317712CE-748-000000E9C0E714D8_zpsb35c08b7.jpg

804C773C-E50E-4B8A-9AB1-F7FB13C8275D-748-000000E9BCBA1735_zps6e5b9f85.jpg

C3D9A6EA-03B6-450D-A14C-193D37755905-748-000000E9B81C0D97_zpsdd30837a.jpg

Aww:inlove::inlove:! Her ears are so long and adorable! My biggest bunny is a Mini Rex...lol!

Thank you! Yea she's huge, 30" long when she stretches out! Pippi definitely is the boss lol she does the same thing in her "pen". It's really just a section of the room but it's hers and I don't go in when she's in it. The couple times I have reached my hand in, she pounces haha

She sounds (and looks) absolutely adorable! :D I have a bun named Pippy, but he surprised me and ended up being a boy so I call him Pip. Welcome to the Forum!

Gah! She's so big and cute! I'm still at awe at how quickly Flemish grow. I looked at your pics and thought wow, Monty will be that big in only 2 more months :O

Yes, she is from the MSPCA! They had 17 flemish giants and they're down to Poppy and Beezus, Pippi's (even bigger) sisters.

Pippi is thanking you guys for the compliments by doing binkies all around the apartment right now lol :happyrabbit:

Latest posts

Back