Pipp Flunked Her Treat Test :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
She wouldn't take her carrot, won't eat her dinner. :sigh:

Poops are tiny and misshapen.

She's been molting like I've never seen her molt before -- a normal but veryheavy -- and I had to see my mom in the hospital today and couldn't brush her as much as usual (it's been so bad my thin-skinned little diva isactually liking the brush :shock:), so I imagine she's ingestedquite a hairball.

She's still active, she enjoyed her tummy massage -- a lot.

She's certainly learned the drill re:the syringe. She's not falling for that 'swallowing' bit anymore. :disgust:Tried to give her water (seeing as she never drinks on her own), she lets it dribble out. I've put down some carrot juice, hopefully she'll drink it.

(Really must get that Sub Q set up here).

I probably should have tried giving her a little pumpkin -- should have been giving it to her all along as a preventative measure :( -- but once the syringe comes out, pumpkin becomes 'medicine', even in a bowl.

I'll be keeping a close eye on her. :privateeyes

We can't have both Pipp and Pippi not well at the same time, it's too confusing. Best if they both snap out of it.

sas :nerves1

Oh no . . .

It's so stressful when things aren't right with our bunnies.

I'm praying that she pulls out of this quickly.

Pam

OH NO! Pipp (the bunny) has to get better! :sigh: Hoping she makes a quick recovery!:pray:

Seems like a lot of them are having really heavy molts this year.

Keep us posted on how she's doing. Are you home with her? and what is the plan?

Yeah, I'll be watching her like a hawk.

She's still not eating, but she's pretty darn cheerful for a stasis bunny.:ponder: If it wasn't for the small poops, I'd be thinkingshe's juststuffed from finding her own food source from somewhere she's not supposed to be.

I'll just keep with the hydration, massageand exercize for now.

sas :zzzzz

well, activity is going to help also. Clover did that recently and with plenty of hay she came right out of it. I think it was the final part of her molt that did it to her.

Lots of love and prayers for you and Pipp...I hope she's poopin' more soon...

C'mon, Pipp!! Stop worrying Mama!!

:pink iris::bouquet::purplepansy::rose::clover::thankyou::flowerskiss:

That's me offering her all KINDS of flowers in hopes that she'll eat ONE of them...hehe!!

:pray: Prayers for Pipp...

Sounds like it's time to have the molars trimmed again. And what do you know, the weekend is coming up again when the vets are closed early.

Awww poor Pipp(i was going to put an i on the end of Pipp)

I hope Pipp's feeling better,poor baby girl

PS,i just wish Pippiwould snap out of his problems,it's been going on for to long,and plus then i would be a happy bunny mum :)

Cheryl

Poor little Pipp!! I can't imagine how stressed you must be with all you have going on.

When Tucker was in the worst of his stasis and nothing seemed to be working, canned pumpkin seemed to do the trick within about 12 hours. It was unreal. Would strongly suggest that as much of a drag it is, get some in her little belly. (I had to syringe feed the pumpkin to Tucks too.)

It's no fun fighting a bunny that doesn't want meds! Tucker's just like Pipp in that he will wait until I think he's swallowed and then he spits it out. They're unreal!

I'll certainly be thinking and praying for you and yours, S. Keep the faith, and keep yourself healthy too! Taking care of everyone/bun else can sometimes make us slide on our own health...don't do that! :sickbunny:

Carolyn wrote:
It's no fun fighting a bunny that doesn't want meds! Tucker's just like Pipp in that he will wait until I think he's swallowed and then he spits it out. They're unreal!

NO WAY?! What little sneaks! Like little kids not wanting to take medicine. LOL!

Hope PIPP is better tonight.

Carolyn wrote:

100_4869.jpg

Typical Pipp!

Anywhoo, thanks so much for the good thoughts,she did drink her juice and that seemed to do thetrick. She had a set of much better looking poops,and started nibbling on her salad.

Within a few hours, the poops were back to being tiny and misshapen, though, so the hydration really is the key.

I won't try and force feed her anything but liquids as long as she hassomething in herGI tract. Its amazing how they seem to make her feel better, even when it's molar spurs. (This isn't spurs, shehasn't wanted to eat, with the spurs, she'll try and then stop). If I give her liquids (like the diluted juice) it will make oten make her eat enough to grinddown the spurs.

She also gets very frisky aftershe drinks juice orI syringe feed her some warm water.So odd that she never seems to drink plain wateron her own when it does make such a difference.

Thanks for the pumpkin reminder. I'm going to crack a can right now(they were on sale and I bought adozen!) and hope she eats it on her own. I'll give her some daily. (It really is a'miracle drug', I feel bad I didn'tgive her some before this started).

Thanks again for your good wishes.

sas and the pippster:bunnydance:

YAY! Go Pipp!!

Keep those poops up, Sweetie...and get yourself nice and hydrated!!

:litterhealthy::pet::big kiss:

And here, eat some of these, while you're at it!:flowerskiss:

Glad to hear our little diva is alright!

Whats with the girls this week- they must want some extra lovin from their moms? First Pipp now Teresa...Lucy better not be next. I'll go snuggle her and be proactive ;)

Pipp no scaring with us we can only handle one sick Dwarf DIVA at a time.

come on Pip more poo's. And big nose rubs from me. All these little dwarf bunnies come on we know your feisty nature, if anybun can do it you can :bunnyhug:

[align=center]:party0002:C'mon Pipp!! Make some poops!:party0002:

:party0002:C'mon Pipp!! MAKE SOME POOPS!! :party0002:
[/align]

Latest posts

Back