Piper is uh.. abusing her home? haha.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isadore

Reaction score
when i got piper about two weeks ago, i didn't have an actual house for her. i made her a house out of a cardboard box, and she loved it, but she peed on it, so i switched houses with a plastic house. she hated it. she started pushing it around her cage and sleeping behind it. so, now that she's litter trained, i switched her back to a new cardboard house. she doesn't pee on it, but she won't go inside of it. she only pushes it around her cage and sleeps behind it. any idea why???

Maybe she just likes pushing it? My rabbits like to sleep so they're touching something, whether it's a box or another toy - it wouldn't be unusual for them to push aside a box and sleep behind it. Rabbits are definitely redecorators and love to move their things around.

My rabbit Lily when she was still here did that all the time with her plastic house, infact she woke us all up one night because she was throwing it around the cage! :tonguewiggle So definitely just normal rabbit behaviour, she also refused to sleep on anything but flat ground so she would scrape all the hay out of the sleeping area. Also does she have any toys, Maybe shes a bit bored?
:biggrin:

thanks guys! glad to know it's normal... it annoys the crap outta me, so i took it out and replaced it with a blanket and she doesn't seem sad about it... now she just pushes the blanket around, much quieter! haha. i don't have any toys for her yet... i'm experimenting with some of the toys my cats don't play with anymore... she seems mildly interested in a blue plastic ball with a bell inside of it, but other than that she isn't really too fond of anything.

My rabbits love to push things around with their noses too. Some rabbits don't feel the need to sleep in/under anything. She sounds happy, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe get her some more little boxes that she can push around more easily.

Latest posts

Back