Piercing-do not read if your squeimish!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malexis wrote:
I have my lobes stretched to twos but i thought that if you punch it out that it wont close down because the piece of ear was taken out instead of stretched. am i wrong? Either way, looks very painful! lol cant wait to see it when its all healed up.

No, you are right for the most part it will not grow back, BUT it still can, possibly. The cart is just more damaged. I have friends who have had theirs healed up completley, and it is very common to take it out and shrink.

But don't worry, I am perfectly fine with have 0g holes in my ears :)

*its not letting me edit my posts..

What I am saying is, yes there is always risk for a healed peircing to be ripped out, or damaged.

But when you introduce a fresh pericing or tattoo, your putting yourself at a higher risk, especially for infection, and a high risk of MRSA.

Healed piercings may get bumped and swollen, but for the most part will not become infected or something worse.

The fact you "Redid it right before practice" shows that it had no time to swell down or even slightly heal in any way.

And it also shows that your piercer has no concern for your well-being or health, because I know of no good piercer who would pierce someone esp right before a bout.
The sweat itself (and if you were wearing makeup) is enough reason for infection and rejection.
If you yourself pierced it, well I am not even going to go into that and the argument is finished.

are you serious..

SERIOUS...

That's all they let you do?

That is a WASTE of talent....

We take the approach of "your never gonna learn derby unless you jump in".. so we spend time training you with your falls, drills, and hitting...for 6 to 8 weeks, and if you've caught on and your skating is up to par..your in like flynn, if not, you continue on with the freshies.... we even do stuff like their fresh meats against ours.. Our April 11th Scrimmage is our Freshies against SouthSide Roller Derbies Freshies..

EVERYBODY hands out flyers..everybody does advertising..we've found that's how girls get discouraged and feel less than important..Teamwork..

Yeah I prolly shouldnt do my eyebrow.. but I missed it, and to be honest the more careful I am NOT to hit it..it seems like the more and more I DO hit it..

And no, im not being rude or mean..it's hard to read emotion or feelings or thought in text..it did read that way though I reckon...I didnt realize thats how ya'll do fresh meats..every league here in Texas locally does it like we do, except for Austin.. you spend a full 12 months being trained..then somebody has to die or quit before you move up..

BTW- I own my rink.. if you need gear..let me know.. we order at cost..I can let your order on our account and ship to you...

The exact same gear I started out with, which was boxer skates with sure grip fugitive wheel upgrades, pro tech helmet, with protech knee pads elbow pads and wrist guards..I paid $400... my girls get it whole sale, skates pads and all..$170..

But..I will tell you if you havnt been told yet..187 knee pads... seriously..187's...when your my age, you will look back and go "I am so glad that old fat derby girl told me to get some 187's back in the day, because i still have knee's left and no back problems"

Rock on!

And.. I didn't tell her (my piercer)where I was going.. once I told her Friday night what I did. she chewed my fluffybunnybottom out..

lol ok. Well, I started very novice..not knowing how to skate. Now I can skate, but I really need practice as my braking is not very good. They take in everyone of all levels as long as you have the attitude and spirit, and you due training until you are good enough to play.
We all advertise and such, but the Fresh Meat tend to do it a lot more.

The only thing I dislike is te $40 a month you pay to be in the team..on and off season..
It is why I might not ever play because IDK if I can afford it.

Yeah, I need some more pads..I got some old plain ones! And new skates..lol..mine are pretty worn and they are the old fashioned above ankle.

Here is a better photo of my conch, hwoever

Why are you not doing Pin Up Modeling? You certainly have the look for it..I have a girl who is..less attractive than you and she makes ALOT...I would do a search for it, or I could ask my girl how she got started, I know she just harassed photogs who were in the local rockabilly scene for a long time..

$40 is the norm, actually on the cheap side..

Don't get Boxer skates, alot of new girls do because they are new and don't know, and they are cheap..around $135 with shipping retail, we pay $70 from the rink.. but they are literally like a a pair of boxy shoes, with a board on the bottom that just happens to have wheels on it..

I wore them for a year, upgraded to Riedells..they have their own suspension system each wheel articulated.. it's like skating with shocks.. you can get entry level Rogues for $169..

Again.. your really, strikingly pretty..

Glad to meet another piercing enthusiast!I have a total of twenty three piercings so far. (All very tasteful.) People are amazed that my favourite colour is pink and I'm not an emo. Your conch piercing is absolutely stunning, tres chic.:pink iris:

i am going to get my septum done in a few hours!!!!

i am so excited! will post photos when i am done!

OMG! i LOVE it!

it hardly hurt at all to get my septum pierced!

photos!

piercing001.jpg

piercing006.jpg

Haha.. you RAWK!!!!!!!

It looks GREAT!

I got my conch pierced last night and 2 new shamrock tattoo's..I don't think I have the cajones Myia does for the dermal punch.

I love my septum piercing.

Awesome!
I' ve got a 0ga conche too, but I stretched it up from 10 ga. I want to get my other side punched at 0 though to match it up.

Also have 2 4 ga upper cartilage piercings, 1 inch lobes, 7/16" septum and 4 ga tongue :)

I've always been jealous of Roller Derby girls. They're a lot stronger and a lot braver than me. I just stay at home and knit and spin. It's a lot less dangerous, lol. I guess those pointy needles are pretty good weapons, though.

LMAO Don't put me in that lot.. I squeal and scream the whole time i'm skidding around the track. Im pretty verbal...lol

and it's funny. I get nervous about falling without my gear, but i fall on a regular basis without gear.. harder than I fall at the rink..

im a hot mess.

Myia09 wrote:
I will always have some type of hole..they do get smaller and I have even seen that will close up completley, but that isn't always the case.

Which is super funny considering I hate streached ears..I think they are tasteless and people will regret them.

I get a lot of the "Forever" talk, but I have been waiting to get this pericing for 2 years, and yes I am willing to be 40 and 80 with holes in my ears.

Its the same with my tattoos..all but one of my tattoos have meaning, as they all will. I am not planning on being Kat Von D, but I will be tattooed. I come from a heavily tattooed family. Do I regret any? Nope. I put time and love into what I do to my body.

(And if your wondering what that one tattoo is-its a "Crashed" paper airplane)
lol, I want to get my ears stretched, but only a little. Nothing huge like some I've seen, like my friend who pierces and he has some huge holes in his ears.

I really like your new piercings. I haven't seen that much of a cartilage punched like that, but it looks really cool. I can't wait to see what it looks like after it's all done healing! (I don't get squeamish if with this stuff lol).

As for the 'forever' talk, I get that a lot too. I can get tattooed whenever I want (we tattoo), but I still have to think about the tattoos, whether or not they are something I really want. I have a tattoo of a toilet dreaming of a butt (yes, that's what I said, you read that correctly), but I didn't just go get it, I thought about it for a very long time, and when I still wanted it, i got it done. I have 30+ tattoos. Have been pierced numerous times, and you know what? I wouldn't get rid of any of them for anything in this world. They are everything that I am.

So, kudos to you. And you're braver than I. I could never have done that to my cartilage lol. I'm a sissy, which most people don't know cause I'm almost covered, and have had 4 piercings in my face at any given time lol. Post up some pictures once it's healed!!!

GoinBackToCali wrote:
LMAO Don't put me in that lot.. I squeal and scream the whole time i'm skidding around the track. Im pretty verbal...lol

and it's funny. I get nervous about falling without my gear, but i fall on a regular basis without gear.. harder than I fall at the rink..

im a hot mess.
I really want to do the Roller Derby thing, but I need to 1. lose about 50 lbs (yay kids!), and 2. No try-outs yet, so we are back to 1 and of course, I've just started trying to skate again. Amusing to say the least lol.

My husband supports this though, so it's all good. And my best friend has decided that she is going to help me lose the weight with me, my other friend said she would join with me, but I have yet to hear back from her. I think she's skerrred lol.

I can't wait though. I need a boost to my self esteem and some tough as nails girls to hang out with. It's been some time since I have had either in my life...

Sorry, I hijacked your thread, I will go back to reading and lurking now LOL

Latest posts

Back