Pictures of Rabbits Building their Nests

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Some of my absolute FAVORITE pictures of rabbits are those that havetheir mouths stuffed with hay as they go about making their nests.

Does....Bucks...it doesn't matter. I want to see them.

If you have any, could you please post them in this thread for my amusement?

Many Thanks.

:sunshine:

-Carolyn

I might as well start.

My gender confused buck, Spice:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

I don't have pictures - I'm usually too busysitting and staring at them as they do it. Art swears one ofthe main reasons I breed is I like to watch rabbits build their nests.

Silly man...he knows me too well...

Peg

:sunshine: I can see why these are some of your favorite pictures!

They are sooo cute!

I got more pictures... lol. Last time Spice wasbuilding a nest, he was in the double hutch because Zoey was inquarentine in the single hutch. Well once her 2 weeks were up, I movedZoey into the double hutch and Spice back into the single hutch. Wellin the process of doing that, I had to destory Spice's masterpiece,lol. Today I looked out before going to feed and guess what? He'sbuilding another nest! :shock:

I'm starting to think he can sense a change in weather coming becauselast time he did that, we had snow a few days later. So here is Spicebuilding his second nest in less than 3 weeks...

(Sorry 'bout the wire in the next one, I didn't want to disturb him.)

nestspice.jpg

In the one below, he was trying to get into his box but couldn't with all the hay in his mouth.:laugh:

nestspice9.jpg

nestspice11.jpg

nestspice14.jpg

nestspice15.jpg

I even got a video of him because I couldn't get a good picture so I will post that when it is finished uploading!

:inlove: What awesome pictures!
Theodore does not build like that. I put a pile of hay down for him andhe burrowed into it once. Unfortunately I never got a pic of it - (ourdigi cam got stolen:mad:) After that, he decided he wanted to be on topof the hay, so I caught him patting it all down with his front paws.Wish I coud show you guys. :?

Now when I pull a piece of hay from his bed he gets very annoyed withthe "mess" I made and has to immediately fix it the way he likes it.LOL.

MOST males don't do what Spice does... :?He's sort of gender confused...

Thanks for this post, Carolyn! I waswondering what the heck Skittles has been doing lately carrying arounda clump of hay in her mouth. I'll have to get a pic and postit.

These pics are adorable! I can understand whyyou wanted to see photos of bunnies building nests, Carolyn...there'sjust something about it that is so sweet.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics to share, but do have a brief story...

I had an odd thing happen once with a doe. She was in the midst ofbuilding her nest andpreparing for birth, so I left her aloneto do her work. Fortunately I decided to take a peek in sometime laterto see how she was doing. However, instead of finding a contented newmom, I found her cowering in the back of her hutch, looking terrified,and in the shadows something looked odd...her face was askewsomehow.So I took her out and looked at her more closely, anddiscovered that she had stuffed her mouth so full of hair that itbecame a huge impacted wad...she couldn't even shut her mouth. I had toget tweezers and gently remove it for her, afew clumps at atime. I was totally amazed at the amount of hair that came out of her,the poor thing. But she seemed so grateful afterwards, and went on tofinish her nest and have a healthy litter. It's the onlytimeI've ever seen anything like that happen...

Latest posts

Back