Pictures of Purebred Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikoli

Reaction score
[I'm unsure as to where to put this, so can the moderators or administrators please move this if it is in the wrong place.]

Hi!

I recently opened a website about the sport of rabbit hopping. I'mgoing to put in a few pages of general rabbit information and such, andin this I am going to make a 'Breed Of the Week' page. Unfortunatly,the only purebred rabbits that I am able to photograph are my friend'sMini Lops, and they are not of show quality, and we are not completelysure that they are purebred. Anyway, I was hoping that some of thebreeders or rabbit owners on here would give me permission to use someof their rabbit's pictures as a part of this. I would just go on googleand get some nice ones, but I don't want to take anyone else's pictureswithout permission.

It doesn't matter which breed they are, as I will find some informationabout them by searching around. One of the breeds I was mainly hopingfor were Dutch rabbits, but I don't mind :)

Seeing as the only rabbit I own is a crossbred lop, I can't take any pictures of my own rabbit.

Thanks!
Rach & Ollz.

Heyyyy, my man's on a website, wheee!! Harper thinks he's a star now! :D

Just so you know, if you want a pic of him without red eyes and in a good posture, here's a really good picture of him:

harper13small.jpg

Just thought I'd let ya know! :D

Here are some pics of my bunny, Raphael...he's a blue English lop. Feel free to use them if you wish:

RaphieEars.jpg

Raphie1.jpg

Onmybed.jpg

(Very cute website you have!)

MyBoyHarper wrote:
Heyyyy, my man's on a website, wheee!! Harper thinks he's astar now! :D
PPPSSSTTT....................Harper already is a star, here inthis forum! :D (Just don't let it go to his head...;))

Thanks everybody! :D Bassetluv, Raphael isgorgeous:D I've read about them, but I've never even seen anEnglish Lop before. I'll probably do them for one of my next breeds, asI'm interested about them. It must be hard to keep dirt out of thosebig ears! :)

EDIT: SugarGlider, I'll be using some of your Dutch Rabbit's pictures for the Dutch 'Breed of The Week'.

your website is very good!

im still not sure waht breed my bunnies are currently but my previous rabbit was a minilop not sure if you want to use this pic-

Fluffysittinginhutch-1.jpg

do you want some more pics of bunnies jumping as i have quite a few ifyou want to put them on there! they show differnt types of fence and atdiffernet heights and abilities! :bunnydance:

Mikoli wrote:
Thanks everybody! :D Bassetluv, Raphael isgorgeous:D I've read about them, but I've never even seen anEnglish Lop before. I'll probably do them for one of my next breeds, asI'm interested about them. It must be hard to keep dirt out of thosebig ears! :)

EDIT: SugarGlider, I'll be using some of your Dutch Rabbit's pictures for the Dutch 'Breed of The Week'.

Thanks Mikoli! Funny you should mention cleaning Raph's ears, as he hadto go to the vet's last week. He kept trying to scratch the back of hishead furiously, but I wasn't sure what was wrong. Turned out he had arather large buildup of wax deep down in the ear canal...I couldn'teven see it!

I've learned through Raph that E-lops are a bit more high-maintenancethan some breeds. He has to come inside for the winter, as his earswouldn't withstand the cold northern winters. Their tails can be proneto injury as they tend to be longer than average. Same holds true fortheir spines. And - like bassets - they can be more prone to earproblems, such as infections. But the English lop more than makes upfor it in personality. As soon as I got Raph I fell completely in lovewith the breed. They're generally very laid-back, docile, and highlysocial...almost more like puppies than rabbits. Of course, hormones canand do kick in...Raph isn't neutered, and so can be aggressive whenAnna, his female bunny companion, is around...but he's still a gentlesweetheart overall. If ever I were to go for a purebred again, it woulddefinitely be an English lop.

I'm looking forward to seeing your website as it grows...best of luck with it! :D

Thank you everybody! :D I really appriciate it! :carrot

hunnybunny63, I'd love some more pictures of rabbithopping! :D I've seen some of the pictures you've taken of you rabbitsjumping, and they're very good! :D

Bassetluv, I guessed they would be a bit more highmaintainance! :) But he sounds like a sweetheart. :) Would you mind ifI quote you? I'd like to put this sentence on my website when I doEnglish Lops:

"I've learned through Raph that E-lops are a bit more high-maintenancethan some breeds. He has to come inside for the winter, as his earswouldn't withstand the cold northern winters. Their tails can be proneto injury as they tend to be longer than average. Same holds true fortheir spines. And - like bassets - they can be more prone to earproblems, such as infections. But the English lop more than makes upfor it in personality. As soon as I got Raph I fell completely in lovewith the breed. They're generally very laid-back, docile, and highlysocial...almost more like puppies than rabbits. Of course, hormones canand do kick in...Raph isn't neutered, and so can be aggressive whenAnna, his female bunny companion, is around...but he's still a gentlesweetheart overall. If ever I were to go for a purebred again, it woulddefinitely be an English lop."

I don't mind if you say no though. :)

Rach & Ollz.

thanks

there not very good quility as i have to take screen shots off videosbecause i have to be concentrating on getting the bunny to jump ratherthan snapping photos! if only i had anohter pair of hands!!! lol

would you like me to leave them on here or PM them to you? i dont mind what ever is easiest for you!

I don't mind either. PM or post them here ... Whichever you want.

Hehe I go to my mother or sister and say "Oh My God! Look what Olliecan do!" and once they're outside, I shove the camera at them and tellthem to start taking pictures. :D

Thanks!
Rachel.

Mikoli wrote:
I don't mind either. PM or post them here ... Whichever you want.

Hehe I go to my mother or sister and say "Oh My God! Look what Olliecan do!" and once they're outside, I shove the camera at them and tellthem to start taking pictures. :D

Thanks!
Rachel.
thats one about doing it but im worried they would miss the pic and asDaisy isnt keen on people she wont walk towards peopel so if someonestood with a camera ready to snap her she wouldnt jump!!!

here are some pics -

74f6ee59.jpg

1f22fa12.jpg

Dandy-windowbox-1.jpg

Daisy-wide.jpg

if youve seen any on another thread you want jsut tell em and ill postthem straight away! i think now they are all over this site, my 2 sites( one devoted to bunnies) and your site it might jsut go to theirheads!! lol :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back