Pictures of Kirby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocketsizedrhino

Reaction score
Kirby is a little over 3 months old. She enjoys binkying around the room and licking my legs. :D She is definitely a nut and has her girly bratty moments. She enjoys cheek pets and doesn't mind being picked up as long as she feels like it, of course. ;)

w1acs6.jpg

2wd5b9z.jpg

29n9dvc.jpg

2lutj54.jpg

fantastic pictures. I especially love the first picture. I love the relaxed bunnies.

she is gorgeous. and only 3 months... she is going to be pretty big then!

do you know her breed?

Thank you both!

She was brought into the pet store I used to work at in a burlap sack with 7 brothers filthy and hot.... My coworker took her even though we aren't supposed to take animals from private breeders. The lady told us her birthday (04/23) and said that she was a mini rex (which I don't believe now!) and that her father was the size of a bag of sugar and the mother a little bigger. That's all I know but the woman could have been lying.

You think she'll keep growing? She has gotten much bigger than when I took her home a month ago! I like em big. :biggrin2:

She's just a baby,aw haa :)
I think she will get bigger! She looks like she is bigger than a bag of sugar already! haha

She's very cute though, I love the photo of her looking into the mirror at herself.

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
She was brought into the pet store I used to work at in a burlap sack with 7 brothers filthy and hot.... My coworker took her even though we aren't supposed to take animals from private breeders. The lady told us her birthday (04/23) and said that she was a mini rex (which I don't believe now!) and that her father was the size of a bag of sugar and the mother a little bigger. That's all I know but the woman could have been lying.

You think she'll keep growing? She has gotten much bigger than when I took her home a month ago! I like em big. :biggrin2:
I remember reading her story somewhere else in this forum now, poor girl having 7 brothers haha... so what happened to her 7 brothers, were they sold in the pet shop?
I suppose the size of a bag of sugar can be interpreted differently, if that doesn't include the legs and head and is just the size of the body then that could be a decent size bunny, if you know what I mean. maybe she is a rex, and not mini? I really don't know breeds very well.
it's also hard to tell her size without anything to compare her to. and I also don't really know when bunnies stop growing, I was just assuming it was until after 3 months so don't quote me on that.

She is certainly a rex, I'm assuming standard since she seems too big for a mini.
My boss wouldn't take her brothers... :( We weren't even supposed to take her but the only rabbits the store had were males so we took the female. I hate to think of where they are or what that lady's house is like with all those poor bunnies... :( I wish I had been at work that day to let that woman hear my opinion...
I've never read about when bunnies stop growing, either. I'm happy with whatever size she ends up. Her pen is going to double when I move into my new apartment in a week and a half!

I'm pretty sure my boy Lopsy is a rex too because he is soooo soft!

we can't save them all I guess... maybe she took the brothers somewhere else and they found homes for them. let's hope something like that happened.

so I am curious... how did you end up taking her home? you said you weren't at work that day, so did you come in the next day and fall in love with her or what? and I am assuming that you were working there at the time? sorry I am being a bit nosey...

crystal wrote:
I'm pretty sure my boy Lopsy is a rex too because he is soooo soft!

we can't save them all I guess... maybe she took the brothers somewhere else and they found homes for them. let's hope something like that happened.

so I am curious... how did you end up taking her home? you said you weren't at work that day, so did you come in the next day and fall in love with her or what? and I am assuming that you were working there at the time? sorry I am being a bit nosey...
Yeah Kirby is SUPER soft.
I went into work the next day and saw her and asked where she came from and heard the awful story... My coworker had cleaned her up the day before but her paws were still stained with urine. I held her a lot the next few days. After hearing my [irresponsible] boss say "she is pretty we should breed her!" and realizing that there were a lot of customers that were going to think the same thing and not take good care of her (I don't have much faith in most of the people who walk in there...) I made up my mind that I was taking her home pretty quick! I already wanted a rabbit but wasn't expecting to get one so soon. I have three rats right now too. I bought all the supplies to make her pen, bought food and hay and took her home right after. :D I'll be getting her spayed in a couple of months and will consider having a friend for her in the future when I know I can feed two hungry buns.

cool story... it's like she chose you. she came to you. good on you for rescuing her. it sounds like you love her and are taking good care of her. she did very well for herself out of such a bad start to life.

was she shy and scared at first after being in a bad home and then a noisy pet shop? how did she go settling in at the start?

She would let me pick her up and hold her but was frozen for the first 10 minutes or so, then she would slowly start to sniff around really unsure. The first time I let her run around my room she was completely different.. sprinting in circles and binkying everywhere! :D She gives me a lot of kisses, too.

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
She would let me pick her up and hold her but was frozen for the first 10 minutes or so, then she would slowly start to sniff around really unsure. The first time I let her run around my room she was completely different.. sprinting in circles and binkying everywhere! :D She gives me a lot of kisses, too.

Awwwe maybe she is grateful for the life you have given her, so she thanks you with kisses! I gather she is much more confident these days...?

Ahhhhhhhh i just want to squeeeze it!!!,
had to giggle at the name. My best friend her name is kirby LOL

WAY more confident. Now she rattles the door of her pen to demand out and runs over to see everyone that comes near it! :)

Serena, that's funny that it is your friend's name. There is another Kirby-bunny on the forum too!

Yeah! That's me :) I have a Kirby bun, but he's a boy. And Minda (ElfMommy) has a dog named Kirby.

After looking at these pictures, I am pretty convinced my boy Toby is some kind of a mini rex mix. He looks exactly like your Kirby in markings and so on, but he is some kind dwarfy in there too, so he's small, and his fur is a little bit rexie, but not totally, he still has guard fur that sticks out. Toby is already 4 months+ and he's smaller than your Kirby, and he has smaller ears.

Kirby is a beauty. I love the front face shot! What funny whiskers!

Wow I didn't know Toby was about the same age too! They're almost twins! I guess you'll have to send Toby down here to live with his long lost sister! ;) His ears do look much smaller!

I keep telling my friend that Kirby is a girl's name... because she has a crush on a guy called Kirby and I think that is an odd name for a man haha

does anyone remember the little pink thing called Kirby that was in nintendo64 games in the 90s? I think that is why I associate Kirby with being girly.

Latest posts

Back