Pics of my Breyers for Snowy (or whoever is into Breyer horses)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww! That's so neat. <3 the Breyer horse pics. I don't collect Breyers, but I do collect horse statues and figurines :D. Got quite the horsey house, hehe and have to resist splurging on other horsey things.

Because of my splurge on little animal figurines (Schleich, Papo and Safari), I'm going to be delaying my purchase of the Breyer horses by a while :foreheadsmack:

Definitely let me know what you think when you get him, Snowy (I love the Breyer foals, they are so whimsical). Take a pic of him too and post it, of course! :)

I bought a Breyer classic via eBay a while ago and she just arrived this morning; a grullo dun, I believe. Here's her pic:

todaygrullo640x480.jpg

todaygrullo2640x480.jpg

I tried to get a closeup of her eye (singular; the right eye is covered with mane) but with a digital camera it's hard to do. Her eyes are quite unique...the seller said she was 'bi-eyed', but I don't really see that, though I'm not exactly sure what her def. of bi-eyed is. Her eye color is quite pretty, if you get close enough to really see it. :)

Very pretty horse, Bassetluv! I was at the feed store today to buy a bale of hay for the buns, and I decided to look around. The Schleich animals are right at the front of the store, and the 2 times I've been there they were about to close, so I didn't get past the Schleich. Well, I noticed there was an upstairs, and guess what I found! A GREAT BIG display of Breyer horses! All the ones that I was looking at, too- Banjo, Bandit, Buttercup, and lots more. The little foal I ordered, Footloose, was there. He's so cute! They were all pricier than online (though I wouldn't have to pay shipping, it supports local business and I'd be able to pick the exact horse I want). I ended up buying a Stablemates mare and foal, this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H85VG8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

After we got out to the car, I looked at my receipt and they were $9! The sign said $7. I'm trying to decide if I should go back and say something or not... The Stablemates are cute, but definitely not as high quality as the Schleich horses and I could have got a Schleich mare and foal for less than $9. And as you can see, you can get the same set for less than $6 online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love breyers! Your horses are great. I don't have many of the old ones. Here's a few I have:

Like A Diamond
Brandywine
Banjo
Misty
Henry
Bluebell
Buttercup

There's nothing that great about them... most of them are retired and Brandywine is a collectible, but I think that's it. I really liked the ohter pics you posted too. The horse you painted is great, better than the ones I have tried to paint. lol

I like the look of the Stablemates you bought, Snowy. I've never seen the Stablemates in person myself, as the only ones the local horse store here sells are a few of the traditionals and classics. And they're quite pricey too, which is why have always bought them online (with the exception of the rearing mustang/cougar set; was in North Carolina and wandered into a Wal-Mart a couple of hours before my flight home and saw them...well, they had to go home with me! Even bought a bag so I could take them on carry-on as I was already all packed. lol). I've often wondered how the stablemates look 'live', so you will have to post pics if you decide to keep those two. :)

Rosie, you should post pics of your Breyers if you can! Would love to see them. None of mine are really that great (well, Ben is pretty special to me, but the rest are all average, lower-end models) but it's fun to see them. :biggrin2:

Bassetluv, which pair is that? At the feed store they had this pair that I really liked:

http://www.horsetackinternational.com/images/1286-misty-and-stormy.jpg

The Misti of Chincoteague pair. They looked nicer in person! The pair comes with the book, I remember wanting to read it as a child but I never did. So I think I want that pair, the other traditional foals (Buttercup and Takoda) and Bluegrass Bandit for sure. I saw all of them at the feed store.

They are new for 2008, called Mare and Foal. They are sold together, but are actually part of a 3-grouping set called Color Crazy. There's 3 sets of mares and foals...two others besides this one...and if a person buys all three sets they get a form to fill out. Then they send it in with the UPC codes from all 3 boxes and Breyer will send them the stallion who sired the foals. It's a cute idea. But of all 3 sets of mares and foals, I liked this one the best. :)

Misty of Chincoteague and her foal are a classic! I bought that set several years ago and gave it to my friend's niece for Christmas. I remember reading the story when I was (a lot) younger; absolutely loved it.

And I'm glad I don't live very close to Apple Saddlery here, or I'd just be too tempted to buy the Breyers they have. ;)

Latest posts

Back