Photos of 2 week old babies!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angela

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanna show off my beautiful new babies. We've not had baby rabbits this little before and we are loving watching them learn to walk and now bunny hop :). They are the surviving 2 of a litter of 5 kits. The other three were stillborn to a first-time doe. The doe is an Angora type bunny and the buck is (I believe), a double-maned lionhead. Is it more likely that the babies will take after the doe and have long fur? I hope so.

I'd love for someone to advise me please about what colours these babies are. I'm thinking maybe a black or lilac tort, and then perhaps a smoke pearl? Thoughts?

You can see photos of them (as well as my other 5 bunnies) at the following url:

http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/angelathailand/Bunnies/

Many thanks,

Angela

Thanks Wabbitdad12. Yes they are and they just keep getting cuter by the day. I'm hoping I'll be keeping both of them. It all depends really on whether they end up taking after their mom who is a Teddy Bear (Thai Angora type rabbit. She is the grey rabbit in the photos) or their dad who is a lionhead. I'm keeping/raising bunnies for spinning their fur only.

I had thought that what I might end up with is Teddy type Lionheads. I've been doing a bit of research about these. I guess they would still provide some fur for spinning. (Trying to find a reason for keeping them. LOL)

:big wink:

Hi Acacia-Berry,

I am hand-raising the babies and they are only 2 weeks old at the moment. Every morning they go out to their mom to be fed. Just today I've now set up a small wire cage inside for them to run around and play in. They are happily trying out little bunny hops as I type this.

Can anyone tell me what you call their coloring?

Latest posts

Back