Photo session with a Diva

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
:)Diva feels as though she weighs a lotmore than Ben did and she is still younger than him. She is getting tobe HUGE! Already the size of a large cat. Thank God she is such asweetheart or I would be in trouble! Carolyn, if you read this post,how big is Cali now?

47b5df24b3127cce9da2f94f946700000016108QZMXDho5bG

47b5df24b3127cce9da2f95d947500000026108QZMXDho5bG

47b5df24b3127cce9da2f964157c00000026108QZMXDho5bG

She just turned four months on the 28th of December, I am thinking she is going to be one LARGE Flemish Giant!

Fergi's mom

Oh Fergi! have you weighed her? She'sbeautiful for sure! and look how big! Seeing her next to thecup and stuff, I can get the idea how huge!

She's so sweet. Look at those beautiful ears! :)

Hi Fergi! :cool:

Bite your tongue, "if I read this post?" I'd never pass a chanceby to see Dashing Diva. She's so gorgeous. I really love her color,Fergi.

Cali is growing like a weed. I don't know how much she weighs, but sheis a handful to manage. I tried putting her back into her travel cagethis weekend and that didn't work at all. The Buck and Missus were hereto see. She turned towards me and as The Missus said, "Her feet werejust spread apart holding onto you like a child would." As Buck said,"When you pick them up, they kind of feel like jelly" ...rather thantheir muscles being all tightened up.
Females are supposed to be a bit bigger than males. I got the biggestdog cage I could find, and she lays across that with about 6 - 8 inchesto spare. Sometimes I wonder if that cage will suffice when she's fullgrown.

I'll have to measure her. Gabby wants me to measure her tail. :D Silly rabbit people!

Kiss Diva and Fergi for me. What's the name of our Baby Ben?

-Carolyn

Carolyn, just meant cause the board moves so fastnow-a-days that I miss posts and I know others are hunting for missedones as well:DI am happy to see how many people we haveposting, it is just awesome!

I did measure Diva's ears and they were just shy of 7 inches:shock:. Iwould have loved to see Cali defying her mom, they are just like sweetbig babies but if they have something else in mind you better watch out!

As for our Baby Ben, still not 100% decided, it has to be somethingreally special. I like to wait and see what kind of personality theyhave. So far he is the biggest snuggler and the biggest escape artist.He is also pretty stubborn. Taking all this into account, I think Ishould have a name picked by Monday for sure. Any suggestions arewelcome:D

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I do believe her name suits herquite well! She certainly hops around this house like she is the queen,flopping down in her spot!

Fergi's mom

I do recall when you said her ears were just shy of 7". Cali's was7.25" at that time you measured Diva's and Cali's going to be 8 monthsthis month.

No doubt about it: Diva's A B E A S T.

I laughed when I saw you write, "Thank God she's such a sweetheart orI'd be in trouble." I bet all Flemish people feel that at some point. :)

I trust you completely with your choice of a name. No suggestions needed. You did perfect with Ben, Fergi, and Diva.
I can't wait to hear the final outcome. :)

Tomorrow, I'll post a picture of Buck Jones clipping Cali's nails.

-Carolyn

P.S.

You have to check out that picture that Buck Jones got me for Christmas that I was telling you about.

I love Diva's color. It's stunning.

:)

I can't wait to see the pic, hopefully it willgive me some ideas. All of Diva's nails are black ( I guess it is a DQif they have white nails in the steel color) and I am a bit nervous todo them. Just have to take a little bit at a time I guess! Not like Idon't clip all the nails of all the animals in my whole familyanyways!! I am just more nervous cause I don't want her first clipexperience to be a bad one.

I called to our local bookstore about the book Buck mentioned and theyhave it but it is on back order right now. Estimated three weeks wait,as soon as I have some extra money I plan on getting a copy. Buckmentioned the author doing reprints for a small price I think. I wouldlove a nice big framed pic of a Flemish and I think Tony would like ittoo. Can't wait to check it out!

I am so excited to see Cali pics tomorrow!! Buck Jones too!!!

Fergi's mom

I was scared to death of doing Cali's nails, although they're light sothat makes them easy. I was afraid of how she'd handle it.

Get her used to it now, Fergi. That's all I can say. Gabby gave me thebest advice when she said to handle her alot early on. I hated to hearit, but I did force myself to pick her up. She'll fight until she's onher back, and sometimes getting all that weight on her back in my armslike a baby, is very tough. She and I haven't found our rhythm in thatyet, but we're getting better than we used to - and she's growing everyday. :shock:

Diva's going to be a Beast!

Once Cali's on her back, she's fine. She just relaxes - as long as shefeels she's supported. She loves to be rocked. Pamnock said that sheusually gets help when she's clipping the big breeds nails. Buck feltmore comfortable with me supporting her head when he was clipping herback paws. She was so comfortable with him. She was like butta.

When I clip her nails, I do it on the couch and I think she's moremellow with me than she would be with anyone else because I can clipher nails alone...at this point. I have to pull the Kahuna Rabbit ranksometimes, but in general, she's really good about it.

You must keep me posted on how it goes.

-Carolyn

Her name suits her so well. I love flemish giantsand one day I will have one. LOL For now I can settle for seeing Divapics.She's so pretty!

Lanna

P.S.

GOOD FOR YOU!! You're getting the book!!

Good Job, Fergi! You really acted upon it. I'm so psyched! You won't bedisappointed. Wait 'til you see the size of the Flemish's head in thosedays. (1922). It's much smaller than Flemish Giants today.

I hope I didn't offend you in my last post when I was telling you topick up Diva now. Of course you know that because you've had Ben. Sosorry. :? You know these ropes. You can be teaching me this stuff.

Tucker's nails are dark. I hate cutting them. I usually just clip offthe top, wait for the quick (blood vessel) to drop, and clip them again2 days later. Rather that then cut any too short.

Buck Jones is excellent at clipping nails. At the Forum'sBoathouse Bunnies Party this summer, we're going to set up a BunnyBoutique and a Nail Clipping Session. All bunnies welcome! See postentitled "Boathouse Bunnies" for details.

:)

I love her! You have no idea how much I want tojust snap her up! She's huge, the perfect color for a flemish, and shessweet! Oh how I want!

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
OMG! :shock:I thinkall of Sebastian would fit INSIDE of those ears!

Raspberry
Send him over and we can see if he can :p. You can send his little girltoo, I am sure she would love to play with all my baby bunnies! Fergiand Sebastian would make wonderful friends I am sure and they could alljust move in!

Fergi's mom

As promised...pictures of when Buck clipped Cali's nails.

Back