Phoebe is gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jack

Reaction score
It just happened so quickly though it felt likeforever. Now I just feel dead in side, like this is all somebad dream that I can't wake up from.

I didn't see exactly how it happened. I had left the top ofthe rabbits' cage open while I went to fill up their waterbottles. Next thing I know there is a lot of noise comingfrom the cage and then suddenly stopped. When I came out Isaw Phoebe lying on the ground in front of the cage. At firstI thought maybe she was just in shock and was gonna run away at anysecond, but then she started moving around strangely. Herneck was broken. I didn't know what to do and I probably didthe dumbest things to try to help her... I tried to give her CPR, Itried giving her a yougurt chip... all these things just seem so stupidto me know, I don't know what I was thinking. All I reallycould do was just hold her close and pet her till she was gone..

I feel sick... I wish I could just go back and remember to put thecover back on top of the cage. I wish I could do something tochange this.

I don't know how I'm going to fall asleep tonight. I don't know how I'm going to break this to Elsa tomorrow.

I'm sorry Peg.

I am so sorry to here that, its just terrible. Ihope your okay, I know how hard it can be to lose one soquickly.Just breath and try to relax!! I am so sad for you!!I know there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better, but Iwant you to know that my heart goes out to you!! Things happen that wecan't control, and they happen so quickly. In moments of dispare wegrab at anything to make things better, they may seem stupid later butat that moment you feel that at least you did something.

I send warm comforting thoughts your way tonight!!

OMG, Jack, I'm so sorry!:bigtears:First Cala, now Phoebe... Your littlegirls are gone.Phoebewas such a speciallittle bunny, it must hurt so much.

Shehad the most attentive caregivers in theworld. But they're so fragile. I rememberPipp falling just a couple feet off my chair, I thought her back wasbroken, she couldn't hop for days. It takes so little forthem to hurt themselves.

I can't imagine yourpain. You loved her so much.

Please hugFranky and Buddy for me..

sas :bawl:and the warren :bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5:

Oh God Jack, I'm so sorry! I had hopedyou'd be able to swing by for an update soon, but I didn't think itwould be like this.

Please don't beat yourself up about this. It was anaccident. It could have happened to anyone. Atleast you could be there with her, and she knew how much you lovedher. :hug2:

Phoebe is binkying with Cala at the Bridge now.

:pink iris:

Oh Jack, I am so very sorry - what an awfulthing to have happened, especially after Cala. Please don't blameyourself, these things happen and unfortunately, bunnies are suchfragile creatures :(. Thinking of you!

Jan

Im very sorry to hear that shes gone, but atleast she's gone with other bunnys and she will be having a party upthere. At least you were there to hold her and cumfort her, and thatsthe best thing you could do, and your rabbit will have loved you evenmore for being there.

Dont blame yourself for this, it wasent your fault. It was just a miss-hap and as people say it could have happened to anyone.

My love and respect is with you.

Take care Steph:)

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes.

I wish this didn't have to be my first post in so manymonths. I wanted to post a video I made with the bunnies acouple weeks ago for a class project but I haven't found the rightsoftware to compress the video into a smaller file size.

I had left Phoebe in the cage last night so Buddy and Franky could maketheir peace. When I woke up this morning I thought maybe itwas all just a bad dream but harsh reality quickly setin. Even still I can't believe it. Fornow I put her in a cardboard box so Elsa doesn't have to see her likethat if she doesn't want to.

I don't know if we will have her creamated like we did with Cala or maybe give her a burial in Elsa's backyard.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much youmust be hurting. Please be assured that I know you were a great bunnyparent and that she had a happy life while she was with you.

Peg

Just Jack came here to research before he evengot a bunny, and ended up so knowledgeable andsuch a goodcaregiver, he was ashoo-in as amoderator.

Reactivating your Mod status, Jack,if you want to pop around and say hi.. :hug1

Looking forward to the video... and happier times. :(

sas and the forum :group:

I'm so sorry to hear that...how aweful...

Don't beat yourself up, though, Hun...I almost had the same thinghappen with Flower. I had no idea that she could jump outlike that (as Maisie is not a jumper, so it didn't even enter my mind,and I felt so stupid for it). She jumped out and onto the topof the cage, which is an NIC cage, so her foot got stuck as she triedto hop back into the cage out of fear, and I was so worried.

It wound up that she was okay, but I more wanted to let you know thatyou should beat yourself up. Yes, after things like thishappen, we sit there and wonder what we could possibly have beenthinking...but in reality, it wasn't something you did purposefully,and your baby knows that.

I'm so sorry you lost her...I wish there were something more I could say to help...:(:purplepansy::rose::group:

We all love you dearly and are here for you through this rough time...

Love and hugs,

Rosie*

I didn't understand whatPipp meant when she posted thisin another thread, but now Iknow...

Pipp wrote:
What an awful day in the bunny world.

So Sorry Just Jack. :cry4:

23019.jpg

I'm really sorry what happend. You keep sayingyou did stupid things to help but they way it sounds it doesn't seemlike there was much you could do. That yogurt treat and a friendtocomfort heralong the way had to of made the bestout of the situation in her eyes. I'm sure she loves you.

Latest posts

Back