Phobias

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My three biggest fears:

* Having to stand and speak in front of a crowd (anything more than five or six people, and I freeze)

* Water - I've never learned how to swim, and almost drowned a week before me wedding when a small rowboat I was in sank

* Cockroaches, Junebugs, and other assorted hard-shelled bugs

Oh, and maggots! I've had some pretty bad experiences with those littlesuckers. I used to manage two apartment complexes, and had to put thetenants' garbage out every week. The system was that people would droptheir bags of garbage in a 'garbage room' in the basement, and there itwould sit - potentially for up to a week - and then I'd have to carrythem all out to the curb the night before collection. I can't tell youhow many times I'd go to pick up a bag, only to have it start'moving'...maggots would be crawling through the contents and wouldinevitably begin emerging from the top of the bag and falling on myhands as I was carrying it to the curb....which would have me cringingin horror, followed by a long, hot shower as soon as I was done...myskin would be crawling at the thoughts of those little things!

(But the worst experience I can recall with maggots happened onesummer when I was invited to my sister and brother-in-law's cottage inthe mountains. We arrived late in the evening and my son, Stephen - whowas around six or seven at the time - was exhausted. So I took him tothe guest bedroom and put him into the bed that I was to share withhim. The cottage had no electricity, so I put him to bed without takinga flashlight (didn't want to wake him as he'd already fallen asleep).About an hour or two later I decided to call it a night, so I took theflashlight and went to bed. I was getting undressed and pulled thecovers back on the double bed, only to notice something was moving. Ishone the flashlight on the bed, and there, all around my poor littleson, were maggots...hundreds and hundreds of them, under every layer ofevery blanket, and wriggling and writhing around everywhere! To say Ifreaked would put it mildly...I ran out of the room, out of the cottageand let loose there, then ran back in and got my brother-in-law toremove Stephen from the bed so the unwanted guests could be extracated.Thankfully Stephen was a heavy sleeper, and never once stirred. Me, onthe other hand...even though the bedding was changed, mattressesdouble-checked and cleaned...I still opted to spend the night on thesofa. Even thinking about it all these years later still gives me a badcase of the willies!)

How could anybody cross that bridge and not s***their pants! I would never cross that bridge, only if Iwanted to commit suicide I might try it!

And Ewww! Maggots! That is totally revolting and disturbing! I really cant believe that!

I remember the time my sister woke up in the morning ready for schooland found a white maggot at the bottom of her bed. God knowshow it got there!Me and my mum kept telling herthat it must of come out of her hehe. But Oh dear!

When I was at an animal care college I had to feed live meal worms to the lizzards etc and that was bad enough!

Wow some wierd phobias out there! I once crosseda bridge a bitlike that, above the sea, out to a little rockyisland. It was very scary and I'm not even afraid ofheights!:)

Pipp wrote:
Being trapped in a Rabbits forum, unable to get away...

Welcome to the Hotel Rabbitfornia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel Rabbitfornia
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis

You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave!

:trio

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pipp wrote:
Beingtrapped in a Rabbits forum, unable to get away...

Welcome to the Hotel Rabbitfornia ...

hahaha Pet_Bunny... you can change Rabbitfornia to "Rabbitforum" and it work too!

_________
Nadia

I love RO!
(we love it!)
I love RO!
(we love it!)

Sticking with the California song theme, they play I love LA at DodgerStadium everytime the Dodgers win, and display the lyrics so we cansing along.

Now, that brings me to one of my phobias, being hit by a baseball (wehave caught balls in our seats) or a hockey puck.

Ok, this one is really strange.

I am terrified of Semi-Trucks. I cant drive on the interstatebecause of them. When I ride and someone else drives, I have to closemy eyes when they are passing or we are passing them. Complete totalpanic.

Blimney! They look bigger than our lorrys! :shock: The actual cab bit is huge and looks like a monster!

I hate it when they come past on narrow roads or if its been raining,they spray water at you and you cant see through the windscreen!

The semi trucks are also called tractor trailersand 18 wheelers. They have this HUGE blind spotwhere they cant see you. I just know one day they will take my car out.

I have a phobia of...

1) most doctors

2) needles (I can give a shot and be just fine with it, but nearly have a panic attack when I'm on the recieving end)

3) clowns (fake to the point of being creepy, in my opinion)

4) prissy, pink-loving, girly girls that like, totally like, use theword like like, all the time (they just scare me for some reason)

5) finding bones while working in the garden

Greta wrote:
4)prissy, pink-loving, girly girls that like, totally like, use the wordlike like, all the time (they just scare me for some reason)
:laugh:

I totally agree with you! Run away! Run far far away!

A few years ago, I thought it would be a goodidea to work in a vets office part time while I was in school. Iarrived at my first day of work, saw a dog with stitches on it's mouthand blacked out.

That was my first and last day. I never knew I had a fear of hurt animals until I was confronted with one!

Now don't laugh at this one, but I have a fearof eyebrows . . .:? It's mainly loose ones, theysicken me beyond belief. Especially when I open a library book to findone inside, looking at me (I know, technically, they can't look, butyou know what I mean) I can put up with my own, just other peoples ..eurgh..I know you're all snickering in ya seats,lol. Ohand I hate crane flies too.

Phobias are fears that make you practically gonuts. I am not sure I have any of those (baring the obviouslike falling to my doom and I'm already mid-air about to die).

I HATE shots though. I can take them when I need tobut I avoid them as much as possible. I haven't had a flushot in like 10 years (and haven't had the flu since, stupid shots!)and only get shots now if I REALLY need them.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pipp wrote:
Beingtrapped in a Rabbits forum, unable to get away...

Welcome to the Hotel Rabbitfornia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel Rabbitfornia
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis

You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave!

:trio
:laugh:That's one of the funniest things I've everread!!! (And frighteninglyreal!):shock:

binkies wrote:
Ok, this one is really strange.

I am terrified of Semi-Trucks. I cant drive on the interstatebecause of them. When I ride and someone else drives, I have to closemy eyes when they are passing or we are passing them. Complete totalpanic.

Not so strange... :faint:

b%20under%2018%20wheeler.jpg

(PS: No one died in this one, the mainreason I drive a Bimer!)

Latest posts

Back