Phew

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debacus

Reaction score
Just had to share ..

A maiden doe on first mating kindled 5 chocolate mini (Holland)lop kits. All went well until they were just over 4 weeks old, when she became almost territorial/over protective/confused! The poor babies couldn't move, every time they did, she would circle them, not allowing them to feed, take a drink ... anything. Within 48 hours of me noticing her behaiviour the babies were looking the worse for it. So I removed mum to another cage.. but the babies were not thriving.

I brought them in to the house and tried to feed them a milk replacement but they were not interested. Infact apart from one who seemed healthy and was eating normally, I really thought I was going to lose the rest.

I lost one little one in the first 24 hours.

They started to take water from the drinking bottle with probiotics added but still weren't interested in food at all. That is until I offered them banana and tomatoes. What a turn around! Within 48 hours they are eating normal food, hay and still for the time being getting the bananas and tom's.

Please keep your fingers (and toes!) crossed for these little ones, I think they will make it but it's early days.

I'll post a photo once they are well.

Debs x

Hi
They are eating well now and gaining weight although a couple are still quite thin, thanks for asking. I really thought I'd lose them all except one. I would post a photo but don't know how to?

go to photobucket.com and put them on there, then once they're on there, you can get the "image URL" from under the pic and just paste the "picture URL" in the text box and presto!! ^_^ looking forward to the pics ^_^

Back