Pet Sitter for five days?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, I would say leave him at home with the petsitter. Traveling is very stressful for rabbits, and although he may belonely while you are gone, he will be less stressed out, and norecovery time. It is up to you in the end though, you are the one whoknows your bunny the best.

I was a pet-sitter when I lived in Ill. and tookmy care of my best friends rabbits for days. One of her buns needed eyemeds several times perday. I would say pet-sitter but ONLY if you canget someone that you really know is good. Many pet-sitters rush in andout and you don't want that. Maybe you can find one on this site orthrough an exotic or other veterinary hospital near you. Once againMake sure the person is really rabbit savvy and caring.

I am bunny-sitting right now, as we are taking care of a friends dutch for a week.

Coco has the same schedule and attentionas ourPebbles, so she is very happy here. Shehas her own food, but has no problem sharingPebbles papaya, pumpkin, and pineapple.

It was the best situation, to leave a bunny with someone whoowns a rabbit. If they don't fight, theycankeep each others company undersupervision. The two got along very well.

jhzb6u.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Like the others said, if they know somethingabout rabbits then they should be fine. At the vet office I went to,the vets son was doing pet/plant sitting so at a vets office wouldprobably be a good option. I would jsut leave emergancy contactinformation, feeding guidlines, and things to look out for. Here's agood article about rabbit symptoms you can leave with the petsitter ifyou want. It'sreally good information. I bookmarked it :)

http://www.mysweetpet.com/rabbitart2.htm

Pet Bunny ..how didyou get that picture ...It isso clear!....When I pet-sat my friends buns we left them at her house.as we thought it would be better if they had theirnormalsurroundings. She had about 4 of them at that time. Itmight be different if their was only one. There would only be 1 or 2people that I would trust with my six as I go way overboard to makethem happy and comfy 24/7. Its hard to think that someone else wouldtake allthat time and thought.

My daughter takes care of my rabbits when i goaway.some rabbits like travel some dont.if your rabbit got that upsetthe last time i think it would be better to have him at home.bluebird

I'm with everyone else. Get a petsitter. Travelling for rabbits is like getting a tooth pulledfor humans. Scary.

angieluv wrote:
..how did you get that picture ...It is so clear!....
It was overcast that day, so I used a small video light to fill in some of the lighting.

With six bunnies, it would be a challenge to pet-sit forthem. I guess it would depend on the person taking care ofthem. For me, some planning ahead oftime, and it could be done. I would be inbunny heaven. :D

jiltzm.jpg

Rainbows! :note:

I know whats wrong with 'hecko' around here!someone made changes to the forum- and when you type ' h e l l ' itchanges to 'heck'. lol... :)

Hecko!! hecko!!

EDIT: I just typed (above) H E L L O. Not H E C K O . lol...

Latest posts

Back