Pet Giant Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753350

Ok so I know a few member have been raving about this cage.

I want very honest options about this cage. I throwing hint around for hubby for valentines day.

But I want to make sure its for us. I have a cage on the floor now but Storm keeps peeing on the floor. So hubby said either a floor or a cage. And I really dont have anything I want for Feb 14th beside for storm to be set up.

So true options if you dont like it tell me if you do tell me and please tell me either way why.

I also will be adding some NIC grids for a second level for his litter box and food

I got this cage not that long ago, and honestly i was surprised at how big is really is. I have an adult male netherland dwarf who orignially lived in a smallish wire cage and when he got into this one he had no idea what to do. i was causious about the second level part because i had never seen him jump on anything, but after 2 weeks or so it became his new favorite spot. I live in an apartment with my boyfriend so we have limited space, so this is big enough for our little guy without taking up a huge space in our room. when we first got it i also thought that the door was placed kind of high, but after a few tries he can now easily jump over the almost 8in gap. the second level is just a little cheeply made, if the little things to hold it on arnt in their spots sometimes when he jumps on it it makes a noise, but then you can just move it back so that is more sturdy. also a litter box fits in there just fine with out taking away too much space from him. so yeah, i would recomend this cage becuase i think it fits my needs quite well. thats my honest opinion.

I prefer NIC cages, but I know a lot of people here dislike them.
But it is a good size for a regular or dwarf breed size :)
I plan on getting something like this for my fosters.

Sooo I have a similar cage and I love it. I have a vid of what Gabriel can do in on my facebook. I can't post till I get my new ac adapter.

The SuperPet-like cages are pretty decent. I have owned various ones over the years and have never had any major complaints, other than price!

When I worked at a little mom and pop pet store last year the rabbits were in these cages. They were a good size but pretty annoying a do a deep clean on. I had to lug them outside way down the building to the hose.
The door on top was wonderful for getting them out or just petting/cleaning/feeding. The front door is big enough for them to hop out on their own.
There is enough room for a standard size bunny to do about 5 hops back and forth and enough room to stretch out and lay. The ramps that they come with are useless, IMO. The will end up cracking under the bunny's weight. It was no problem taking them out, the buns could still hop up to the shelf without the ramp.

You should talk to undergunfire.. I think I remember she got a good deal on a 2 pack. It might have even been cheaper than getting the one? I don't remember. Maybe she'll pipe in. :)

Since owning bunnies I've had a massive condo, a few pens, and a couple of cages.

One of the cages was tiny...and I hated it. Now we have one similar to what you've posted....and while I still prefer being able to make large pens, I really like how much cleaner the cage keeps the room Zayne is in because it contains some of the hay mess. That's a huge bonus.

I wanted to thank everuone we will be ordering one on feb first

I have that exact cage and I really like it! I do have an xpen attached to the front for extra room, but with a small bun I don't think it's really necessary because the cage is actually quite big. I only like adding the xpen because it gives me a place to put my bun's cardboard castle thingy that he loves ;-)

I like this cage because it makes clean up very easy. When I've had my bun in just an xpen, he gets hay everywhere and there's stuff all over the house. With his cage, I can keep all of his hay, litter, food, etc contained in a nice easy to clean plastic area. Definitely cuts down on the amount of sweeping the floor I need to do.

Has anyone made a self out of Nic grids in this cage I saw the shelf when me and Kieth pulled it out of the box and it seems not so sturdy to me.

I would not feel safe putting that in there under storms weight.

And he is only like 2 pound wet and after dinner

I find the shelf to be extremely sturdy in the cage and I'm pretty sure it would easily hold up to 20lbs if not more. I would try setting it up and see what you think then. 2lbs is definitely not enough to budge it. Also, I recommend not installing the ramp - it's totally unneccessary and is kind of a pain to remove once it's in there.

Latest posts

Back