Pet friendly paint?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basil14

Reaction score
My bunny had a problem with chewing the bars of his enclosure. It is now exposed metal- I am wondering if there is like pet friendly touch up paint to paint over the metal? I definitely would need it to be very pet friendly incase he would ever chew it again. Any thoughts?
Thank you so much!

Any paint on metal will be able to be bitten off. The only option I can think of is to get it powder-coated, but that is quite expensive to have done.
Do you have a photo of the bars? I can't quite picture it.

I would be more concerned with potential dental damage. You could try attaching an acrylic sheet or blanket (or cardboard if he doesn't eat it) to the area where he chews if you can't let him free roam.

If your rabbit is fixated on chewing it, likely whatever solution you come up with will be chewed off again, so it would be best to consider solutions to successfully deter/redirect the chewing. In the mean time, you can place cardboard around the problem area to prevent further chewing as shown: PXL_20220305_173414452~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back