Perplexed and stumped

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for your comments/help/support! Here is an update in case anyone was wondering where we are at:

Hershey hasn't been near the chickens since last summer.

It's not likely he ate a noxious plant, but possible.

Yesterday (Saturday) I spent a LOT of time with him. In the evening, I fixed up the bedroom again so he could start watching evening TV w/ us again. Yesterday and today, I let him in his outdoor pen, and in the evening he came in by himself, like he always used to. Didn't hang in the tunnel either!

Last nighthe pooped a lot of poops that were strung together, with, I presume, hair. I think that means he did have an excess of hair, probably caused by some mild statsis?

So here's my theory on what happened.

The "not wanting to cuddle" thingy came about because I was spending less time with him, and he was mad/left out/feeling his wild bunniness.

Then something gave him a scare while in his outdoor pen so he took to his tunnel and didn't come out. Because of this, he didn't eat for about 24 hours, and then only a little, thus the gut problem.

Yesterday and today, he was more friendly. One time I came downstairs and he actually did the circling thingy! He sat on my lap and watched tv w/ me for almost an hour. He even "volunteered" by jumping up on the bed!

His eating isn't quite back to normal, but he is eating a lot more.

So, I'm thinking we have turned the corner, and I have to be more careful to not "neglect" my poor spoiled baby! lol!

Im so happy to hear your boy is doing ok. Hershey is one of my favorite forum bunnies so I was really worried about the little dude!

Its possible something did scare him so much that he was stressed and didnt eat or want to come out. Or its possible he had some mild gas/stasis which would also cause him to not want to come out or eat. Either way, Im glad he's doing better. And I think youre right in limiting his outdoor time, that way he doesnt go disappearing on you again down his tunnel- silly boy :)

Latest posts

Back