Perfect Time for a Neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warminwisco

Reaction score
The last few days Snoopy and Bandit loving it up every second we turn our backs. Problem is they are boys, breeder said when they figure it out they may start fighting if I understood. They take turns who's on top.

Anyway 8 am tomorrow a trip at 4 1/2 months to the vet for neutering, keep us in your prayers.

They're actually doing that for dominance, it is usually a good sign when you're bonding two bunnies. :)

Best of luck with the neuter - I will be a basket case when I take my girl and boy in a couple months for their desexing. I'll keep you and your boys in my prayers! :pray:

Will be praying! Hope it goes well. Please update us as you can. Are both Snoopy & Bandit being neutered tomorrow morning?

LOL on the earrings! Jovi goes in at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning for his neuter. I've been outside scrubbing the cat box and lining it with towels. Tomorrow I'll clean his cage squeaky clean and line it with towels too. I'm feeling scared and a little anxious, but we know this is what we must do. I've been trying to check to make sure that there is actually something there to neuter, but I'm not seeing much evidence, and he gets pretty indignant when I go messing around his tushy. He kicks and shows me the whites of his eyes. Tomorrow we shall see. Wow..what if Bun Jovi turns out to be a girl?!

Are your boys home yet? How are they doing?

I am not sure what the context that "joke" was but it comes across as offensive.

Last edited:
I do apologize if it was taken offensively, I did not mean it. I am totally for gay rights, again I apologize people have the right to live their life how they want. I layed in bed thinking are you an idiot for being so thoughtless.

The vets office was a train wreck. When you are the cheapest vet in town something has to give, my wife waited waited waited(he was $95 other vet was $280 other vet did not call us back)and this vet came with good references but we where told he is busy and a lite staff to keep prices down.

Poorly staffed and organized the vet was the receptionist and was overwhelmed in the morning at 8am, maybe someone didn't show. Wife waited over and over again when one after the other techs told her the pain meds where being made. Peoplle walked right in in front of her with their animals served before her.

The neutering went well Bandit looks much less swollen than Snoopy both are hopping around pretty good. Should I keep them in a cage though to keep em less active for a day or two?

We called the vet the staff said don't feed em day of surgery, you all said do feed em in the am so we did, vet said ya feeding was fine. I trust your opinion at this point. Post neuter protocol please?.

Again may apologies, my ex sister in law is gay, I adore her.

Thanks so much in their cages they go. Syringes of pain stuff in the am, clean towels, watch appetite and chewing on sutures. I love these li guys! Plenty of water food!

So glad to hear that they did well in spite of the chaos at the vet's office! And thank you so much Watermelons for that link. I printed it out and plan to take it this morning with us to the vet so I can ask questions, especially about pain meds. Our vet keeps rabbits herself, so I have faith in her, but I'm still a little nervous in my belly.

We called the vet the staff said don't feed em day of surgery, you all said do feed em in the am so we did, vet said ya feeding was fine. I trust your opinion at this point. Post neuter protocol please?

A good link provided with references. You did the right thing by feeding them on the day :) I would keep them confined to their cages, my vet actually said for a week, I think we made it to day 5 before Bandit got so cage crazy that I just had to let him out.

Best of luck to Bun-Jovi!

Thanks agin for the support. Day 5 and we are letting em out more often, and they still want to love each other so we let them out singularly. They really showed little ill effects besides shunning us and hanging in the corner of the room when out once in a while hiding from us(wouldn't you). Sutures look good, small little scars so the crazy busy vet with the lowest prices in town I really can't get to worked up over.

We saw their breeder yesterday and is it fun to see the tiny lil guys with their eyes closed then up the growth chain. She is showing in Green Bay in 3 weeks at the fair so we will start to go to the bunny shows and learn all about them. She boards Arabians also so we got a flake off an old bale of grass and she will bring us a new bale from a fresh cutting to the fair(traded her some of June's fresh picked strawberry jam.)

Funny she wanted 35 bucks a rabbit, which may have been high I prolly could have talked her down but now I get 5 dollar bails of premium rabbit grass and save a bundle on grass from Kay Tee which was always so beaten up (Know when to hold em, know when to fold em know when to walk away)

How long before the sutures are healed for good R.O. Doctors? LOL Bruce June Bandit Snoopy

Latest posts

Back