Pepsi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
Great. One day I come and and say everything is wonderful. The next my girl stops eating. Where do I start? I have baby gas drops...Do I try that? She is acting normal completely other than not wanting anything to do with her pellets. I think it's been 2 days because yesterday I noticed extra cecals and decided that meant one of them ate all the pellets.

How do I start with her?

Her belly felt pretty hard, I gave her a dose of gas meds. I rubbed her belly a bit. She is still pretty much herself except she let me pull her out from under the bed :(

My poor baby girl.

Will pedialyte help? I can put some in the water, but is it okay if Ozzy drinks it?

pedialyte wont hurt ozzy :) try warming Pepsi's tummy and and continue rubbing it. I know someone suggested putting the bun on the dryer and the vibrations helped move things along.

Is she eating anything? When did she last poop and what did they look like? Can you tell?

Does she seem like she wants to eat and then loses interest?

Is she eating treats?

Remind me, how old is she and what breed?

Pedialyte won't hurt Ozzy, but still best togive it to her in a syringe so youknow she's eating it.

sas :clover:

Oh not my little Pepsi!

Im glad you gave her some simethicone. I would give her 1-2 ccs this morning and then 1 cc every few hours. Belly rubs, warm sock, vibrating toothbrush if you have one (I think we went through this with Ozzy?).

Pedialyte is good. Make sure shes eating her hay.

You may want to run out and grab some canned pumpkin if you dont have any on hand. Id offer her that and lots of hay.

Also, you should probably change the litter and keep her and Ozzy in their pen so you can monitor them for right now..but make she shes gets out for run time bc exercise will definitely help if its gas.

Pepsi is a year old Holland Lop. She is acting totally cool, like she is about to eat...And then nothing. Maybe her teeth are bothering her?? I got some Reglan from the shelter which she loves. (Thank god)I got painkillers too but I won't give her any unless she looks to be in pain. Which she does not.

I have critical care just in case

I wish I had an extra litterbox, or a way to seperate them. My girl might be hanging out in the bathroom pretty soon here..

Weird, that doesnt really sound like gas then if shes acting normally. Although it could be just the beginning of it. Glad you used the simethicone because it cant hurt.

It does sound like teeth to me if the only symptom is that she wont eat. Will she take treats?

Also, I think its better not to separate them. That will just stress her out more..

Well, they won't be seperated because it is impossible haha. But I don't know anymore, can a bunny just stop liking their pellets??

Maybe she had some gas this morning and I caught it pretty quick.

She is eating a little bit of hay and she did a few poops for me. They were pretty yucky looking but not too mushy. Maybe that's from the meds though.

I'll just watch her and I have everything on hand just in case.

Thanks guys. HopefullyI won't be adding to this anytime soon.

She is eating hay now. I hope it was just a bout of gas. I get really freaked out. She seems okay for now and I'll keep checking on her all night. She is probably so annoyed by me right now.

Im glad to hear our girl is ok! Could be she just was on the verge of a gas attack and you caught in in time.

Keep us posted!

Haley

OH GOOD....that's wonderful to hear that she's okay now...just keep an eye on her for a few days, and be sure things are totally back to normal...but sounds like you caught things early! GOOD JOB!!

:highfive:

Latest posts

Back